Khartoum the movie

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Khartoum the movie

Post by Horus »

I usually have my TV on in my computer room as a bit of background distraction from what I may be doing on my PC. Today in the afternoon the film being shown was Khartoum, with ‘Chinese’ Gordon, later to be known as “Gordon of Khartoum” being played by Charleston Heston. I have seen it plenty of times, but had forgotten that this film made in 1966 actually showed some interesting shots of Egypt in particular a piece near the start which shows the Colossi of Memnon surrounded by flood water and people using the old Shadufs to raise water. That part is a little after 5 minutes into the film and later there is a nice shot of boats sailing past the partially submerged Temple of Isis at Aswan which had been this way since the lower Old Aswan Dam was constructed circa 1902. So for anyone wanting a look I have posted the video, you only have to watch the first 5 to 10 minutes, but it is the full film if you fancy watching it again. Historically it is very well done and reflects a different era, but with many of today’s problems especially religious zeal raising its ugly head and instead of ISIS we have the ‘Mad’ Mardi, another fanatic who wanted to rule the world, what goes around comes around. 8)

You can either use the little rectangular symbol below the video to watch it full screen or even click on the YouTube button for a bigger small screen. ;)
phpBB [video]

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Khartoum the movie

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting - just watch a bit but might just enjoy all of it tonight. Thanks H!