A little bit more techie stuff

A place to swap ideas, share your hobbies, pass on hints and tips and discuss how you spend your free time.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

A little bit more techie stuff

Post by Grandad »

I do have one of the larger Amazon Echos on my desk. I got the one larger than the Echo Dot about a year ago because it has larger and better speakers.
I wanted something from the Echo range on my bedside table but for very limited use I did not wish to spend £60 to £90 so, searching the available Alexa accessories I found 'Alexa Flex'. This is an accessory that plugs into a 13a socket outlet anywhere in the house and works just like all Echos. At £25 that was about right so it arrived yesterday, I plugged it in and it set itself up...no problems. There is a slight downside in that you DO need to have the Alexa app on your mobile phone to add functions like bluetooth pairing but I have the app so again...no problems.
So now, anything I control with Alexa I can control from my bedroom AND I now have a much better audio wake up alarm.
I love this techie stuff ;) :lol: :lol:

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: A little bit more techie stuff

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I haven't heard of Alexa flex. I have the Dot and relegated her to the bedroom because she was listening too closely.

Even in the bedroom which is quite a way from the living room I can say something i.e. Turn on music from the 80ies and it will turn on. Not sure if I like the listening or not.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux
I learnt a new trick LLL. Because I have agreed access to my phone contacts I can say 'Alexa, call Alison' (my daughter), to Alexa flex, and she does call her for me.....magic :lol: :lol:

Love it ;) and I have a Huawei mobile phone and I love that too, even if the Chinese are listening to my conversations....Haven't they got something better to do. :lol:

BTW, and this is between you and me; congrats on the rhyme :up :up That'll set the other girls thinking ;) :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Thank you re: the rhyme ;)

I know that I don't get the full benefit out of my Alexa as I don't have a smart phone or smart anything that it runs. Mostly it gets a workout when the Crew come over and ask it a million questions particularly the boys love asking it all about all manner of different large ships.

I really don't talk to myself - well I do but not that often so if "whomever" wants to listen to me talking to myself I figure I've got nothing to hide!

It was interesting though a while ago cause the son-in-law was over and for whatever we were talking about Africa and "lo and behold" within the hour I got a whole swack of adverts for travel to Africa ;) Alexa WAS listening! ;)