An attack

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

An attack

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So just had a post on our local street Forum from a neighbour re: this attack AND - this is directly behind MY house ......

Heads up!
A friend of mine reported that lastnight while walking in the trail between the Road and The Drive this trail basically comes out at Coal tyee school this person was attacked by a animal size of a dog but not a dog! They have wounds to the hand/arm fending off this thing! Spent the night in ER treating wounds for rabies. Apparently this creature was viscous! Like it was trying almost to defend itself or young. authorities contacted but nothing found so no signs posted. Keep your dogs cats even kids out of trail or give a warning.. Anyways just passing this info on..be safe! And this was NOT a raccoon...

I've emailed for more details but really - size of a dog but NOT a dog? They've trapped the bears and a cougar attack is super swift and typically from behind.....

We definitely get some big raccoons as per the message is says 'not a raccoon'........am wondering if, cause there is a marsh out there it could be a weasel......they can get pretty big here.

I used to like walking that trail and it goes directly behind me but geez - now I dunno ........

Any thought on what sort of animal would be this size and attack a person?

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: An attack

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Now the entire street is theorizing we may have an otter out there. They'd be vicious enough but am still a bit puzzled re: unprovoked attack as usually most wildlife runs - usually unless it is sick or directly protecting young.

One of the neighbours who always walks his dog back there said the last two to three days his dog has been refusing to walk down, legs go stiff, head goes down ..... he wasn't sure 'why' his dog was suddenly refusing to walk but now he is figuring maybe the dog is smelling something.

There is a strong vote going towards large feral cat but I don't see a feral cat as openly attacking somebody....

Definitely hope it is not another baby bear out there....talk about "Creature from the Dark Lagoon!"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It's like living in a zoo in your part of the world LLL :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

As I said in another post LLL, it is all happening on your island right now. ;)
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

No more word about it this morning and now that I've slept on it and thought about it I'm thinking it possibly was one of the HUGE raccoons we have that stroll around here. IF this was a Mom Raccoon on a first stroll out with the wee ones she would attack and IMO if the attack was that sudden the person on the receiving end wouldn't necessarily know what it was.

We don't have Feral cats here that are that big and actually we have very few Feral cats. Between Eagles snatching the up and bears, cougars, wolves, foxes, maybe raccoons catching them cats have a hard time making it around here so cats in this specific area have a hard time making it.

The only other thing around here that big that would attack a person is an otter, mink (too small from the description) or something in the weasel family but those usually typically stay by the salt water. We do have beavers back there and they're BIG but I really don't see them as overtly attacking somebody.

Part of the problem is it is blackberry picking seasons right now and everybody is out with a pail picking so people are pushing into the blackberry bushes so it is possible if this was what was happening they could have stumbled onto a den belonging to something.

It is really odd too as lately we've been getting all sorts of animal sightings that we typically normally historically have never had. Grizzly bears are now on the Island and they have never ever before been here. Recently we had a moose swimming about the harbor and moose just don't stay on the Island. Everything seems to be shifting lately.