What does money buy?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

What does money buy?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday I met up with a gf and her husband for lunch to hear about their cruise. As a sideline to that she told me that her grandson (born at 11 pounds and grew to Seven Feet tall) has just signed a Basketball contract for FIFTY (as in 5 0) MILLION dollars for a 4 year stint!

Our discussion was how far, in this world, would 50 million dollars take you?

Anyway - I remember when Kelly and his sisters were born and how his career progressed over the years. His dad was head of the sports department of a University and his mom one of the first women professional basketball referees.

Overall my gf is very happy in that the Grandson does have a degree in Accounting, is very conservative with his money and his parents very strict with all the recruiters etc when they were first discovering him.

http://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/248 ... lly-olynyk

It is really interesting though to think how far 50 million (and I think that IS USD) would take you when you're in the world of professional basketball and you have to pay out for managers, publicists etc.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: What does money buy?

Post by Grandad »

Good luck to him but isn't it crazy money in the top ball games. Same sort of pay here to top football premier league players.
As long as he has a good manager who is not a rip off merchant, he should be set for life if he uses his money wisely. :up

As an aside: Birth weight does not necessarily have a bearing on adult growth. Our youngest son was 11 pounds at birth and is now, at 51, 6 foot 2 inches. Our eldest was 7 pounds 6 ounzes and he is now ,at 56, 6 foot 3 inches. I don't know my birth weight but I was 6 foot 2 inches when their age. I think height tends to reflect the fathers height but, as in your case LLL, some exceed that but can use their height to advantage. I do wonder about Louis who at 9 years is as tall as his 5 foot mum????
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What does money buy?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This particular player has a very strong support system in his parents and his family (and I know them fairly well so can attest) are very much borderline vegan tea drinking family (I mean they do NOT hardly even drink COFFEE! ;) ) so I hardly think, can't even imagine that he'd lose his $$ to a drug type lifestyle. His entire family and extended family is totally geared to sports, being outside and engaging in anything athletic.

My GF is more than over the moon with his success.

My daughter's dad was 6'6" tall. My oldest is 5'10" and Alison swears by being 5'11" but IMO you can easily add another inch. They were 8lbs10ounces and 10lb4ounces as girls.