Pot Noodles

Find a selection of household tips and recipes for Egyptian Foods.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Pot Noodles

Post by Horus »

Pot Noodles, those little plastics tubs that you just add boiling water to, now you either “love em or hate em” a bit like Marmite. A few months ago I was tempted to buy a couple as a quick snack because I was very busy with other stuff during the day and didn’t want to take time out to make something to eat at lunchtime. It had been years since I tried one and I recall them being pretty insipid and tasteless crap, I was pleasantly surprised. :D There are so many variations to choose from and every one I have tried since then has been very tasty and I find myself adding a couple to my weekly shop. Anyone else like or hate them? I like them, but it may just be that my taste buds are shot, :lol: one mystery though is that if I soak dried peas for other purposes in cooking, I either have to soak them overnight or use those 2 hour quick soak variety. Yet a dried pea in a Pot Noodle is plump and soft in under three minutes, just one of life's mysteries I guess. :tk

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Pot Noodles

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't mind these occasionally but have really only bought them to travel with if I figure I'm going to be driving or travelling all day and won't be going out to find a restaurant when I arrive. I don't like all flavours but some are better than others.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I quite like the macaroni & cheese ones :eat and as you say they are very handy when out and about for a quick snack :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Have you ever read the amount of salt that is in these packaged mixes? WOW!!!!! ;)

Course it isn't only these that have lots of salt almost everything we buy is just loaded down with salt. Must be hard if you're trying to moderate your blood pressure as I think salt is a contributor to high bp.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Everything in moderation, except Merlot & Shiraz ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I have not had pot noodles for many years but I remember them as an adequate snack.

At lunchtime we usually have a light snack. Perhaps a sandwich or something on toast. My wife also always has a cup of tea, my fluid intake is by an Aynsley Harriot cup soup. My preferred flavour is broccolli and stilton. Very tasty. :up
:gg: