How to wear a hijab

The place for all those subjects that are of interest to women but might embarrass men.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

PRchick

How to wear a hijab

Post by PRchick »

A friend and I got into a discussion tonight about hijabs and how they sure would be nice for those bad hairs days. She asked me how they are put on. Not really knowing, I looked it up. Here are some ways to wear a hijab. While on this site, check out the party hijabs. Really beautiful.

http://www.thehijabshop.com/information/how_to_wear.php

"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
Karenh

Post by Karenh »

I agree prchick great for bad hair days but as you said some of the party ones are really nice
A day without laughter is a day wasted :lol: ;)
Winged Isis
Top Member
Top Member
Australia

Post by Winged Isis »

Not just bad hair days, but double-chin and/or scrawny-neck days too! :lol:
Carpe diem! :le:
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

It isn't so much how one wraps the hijab but how the blazes do they secure them? I've noticed that many woman secure then with fancy pins-if I started trying to stick pins into an headscalf I'd end up walking around looking like a Tetley Teabag!
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

They sell really pretty pins on that site also. Some I've seen do it with bobby pins.
"A man who has had a bull by the tail once has learned 60 or 70 times as much as a man who hasn't."
Mark Twain
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Jojo you would probably give yourself brain damage, sticking the pins into your skull & end up looking like Pinhead or whatever he is called in the horror movies :lol:
jewel

Post by jewel »

Cant bear anything on my head .....unless its a helmet for H & S reasons! then its a necessity :)
SoCalledEgyptologist

Post by SoCalledEgyptologist »

I used to wear the scarf like that for the galabeya parties on the boats when I was there every week. I always did it the second way from that site, and if the scarf is not slippery, you don't even need pins for it, it just stays! (as long as you don't move about too much. You can also just tuck it in under your chin to secure it.

I'm quite jealous of the muslim ladies in the winter! Much nicer to wear a nice scarf that a woolly hat!
[flash width=200 height=50 loop=true]http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/ad_signatu ... st-sig.swf[/flash]
Glyphdoctor

Post by Glyphdoctor »

I wear the al-amira style. It's made of stretchy fabric and just has a hole for your face and you slip it on and it holds itself in place. It takes no time or effort. However, I have never seen ones that have a print design or are as long on the bottom like the ones on the web site. All the ones here in Egypt are generally solid colored. There are plain ones but I mostly wear ones that have some bead decoration on them. JoJo, if you are going to wear a hijab this would be the style least likely to be a safety risk to you.

The rage these days is to wear the hijab piled on the head in a really ugly fashion. To me it looks like the girls just got out of bed and threw their blanket on top and around their head.
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Now we're talking....If one was to be attending a souffle party.
Seriously I think this one looks lovely....Infact when I'm next in Egypt couldn't I just walk around like this, just too look good :) :D
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Interesting GD. Do you know of any photos in online fashion mags showing the hijab piled on top of the head style?

JoJo those are really beautiful. The first time I was in Cairo we stayed at the Sheraton on the Nile and there was a big party going on. I was in the lobby when the guests were arriving in their formal attire. The ladies had the most beautiful gowns with matching hijabs done so artistically. One lady in a red chiffon beaded gown and matching hijab was a stunning column of red.
Mark Twain
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Found this on an Egyptian fashion designer. Lovely work.

http://thehijablog.wordpress.com/2009/0 ... am-farouq/
Mark Twain
redsaffy

Post by redsaffy »

Seriously I think this one looks lovely....Infact when I'm next in Egypt couldn't I just walk around like this, just too look good
When ever I wore one I would have it like that one as they did not restrict you around the throat and they look great with any thing!! :D:)
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

Glyphdoctor wrote:
The rage these days is to wear the hijab piled on the head in a really ugly fashion. To me it looks like the girls just got out of bed and threw their blanket on top and around their head.
I was going to say that too. It's definitely the in thing for this season, the Spanish style is definitely 'out' for this year!

I'm just amazed at how they get them to be so bulky this year - do you think starch is involved somehow??
SoCalledEgyptologist

You mean the style where they seem to pile on layers and layers of scarves? I think its really ugly as well, and looks really uncomfortable! I swear I saw one in Cairo that actually had glittery lettering on the side that was hanging on the side of the face that said something like "sexy" :?
[flash width=200 height=50 loop=true]http://www.luxor4u.com/forum/ad_signatu ... st-sig.swf[/flash]
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Still waiting for photos. Can't picture this in my mind.
Mark Twain
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

PRchick wrote:Still waiting for photos. Can't picture this in my mind.
I can't picture it either.
Goddess
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Goddess »

Lordy - I'll lurk on the balcony later with my camera and see if I can spot one for you! :roll:
PRchick

Post by PRchick »

Cool! Just blank out the face like they do with the "don'ts" in Glamour magazine.
Mark Twain
SoCalledEgyptologist

I googled it and I got this http://www.csmonitor.com/2007/0516/csmimg/p12f.jpg which is pretty much what Im talking about, not sure if GD and Goddess and on about the same thing though...