Seasons Greetings Everyone

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Seasons Greetings Everyone

Post by Grandad »

Hello everyone. Anybody about? It has been SO long that it took me a moment to remember how to start a topic. Anyhow, if anyone still looks in I just want to send you all MY BEST WISHES FOR A MERRY AND PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS AND A BETTER HAPPY AND HEALTHY 2022. x:))
Take care and stay safe everyone, I miss you all xx

:gg:
FABlux

Re: Seasons Greetings Everyone

Post by FABlux »

I hope you had a good Xmas Grandad. Sorry I haven't looked in for so long I missed your post but just saw it referred to on L4U which I occasionally look at.
Happy new year to you and anybody else who looks in
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

And I return those good wishes Fran to you and Barry. Have you now completely left Luxor? And are you now resident in France?
bigken

Post by bigken »

All the Grandad, hope all is well
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@bigken
bigken wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:44 pm All the Grandad, hope all is well

Good to see you BK, still taking great pictures? And any plans for some exotic holiday this year?
We are still ticking along, getting older but I passed 87 a few weeks ago and that is older than anyone in my family tree. I have had to give up taking pictures because I am now registered severely visually impaured but, heh at 87, what have I got to complain about?
Hope this year is a good one for everyone, Couldn't be any worse than the last two, could it? Life seems to have been in suspense for two years so I have frozen my age at 85 and that is where it will stay until we are over this bl**dy virus. :lol: :lol:
bigken

Post by bigken »

Hi grandad, nice to hear from you. Just turned 55 last week for me, managed a few nights up in Scotland with the good lady and granddaughter. It was nice quiet little break thanks to Nicola.
No holidays booked as of yet, we did have a week in iceland last June booked but the flights got cancelled 4 days before we where due to go, so I have taken to watching virtual tours on a Web site called Heygo. So as soon as I can fly without having to spend a kidney on pcr tests it will be Russia for us, got it all planned - St Petersburg/ Moscow and Volograd.
We did have a couple of weeks touring the Shetland and Orkney Isles last October, that was different ( the camera finally got a bit of fresh air) but for now it will have to be looking at new kitchens 🙄
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@bigken
OMG BK, I just HAD to reply. My three are all older than you BUT, happy to report that our daughter became a grandma last August and we became great grandparents for the first time. He is a lovely little lad, nearly 6 months now, and we are pretty proud of that event. Great to be able to have four generations in a photo.
Your future holiday plans sound exciting. St Petersburg and The Hermitage was on my bucket list but we will not be getting there now, maybe I will look up that website you mentioned and go there virtually. ;)
bigken

Post by bigken »

Congratulations on becoming a great grandad, 4 generations 👍, we do have photos of my good lady with her mother, the daughter and granddaughter 😊, have a look at that Heygo website, some lovely locations to sit and enjoy
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Seasons Greetings, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. My holiday season was quite quiet as we were totally and completely snowed in here for close to 3 weeks. Didn't get to see the family and Grandkids until the 27th and even then it was for 1 hour as the Son-in-law needed to get them all back into the car up to his parents and then back home before the snow started again. Had close to 30" of snow total. Temperatures have warmed up and now we're getting mega rain - so much so we have flood warnings everywhere. Not a great start to 2022 but it can only get better from here.