Well that's a new one on me!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

FABlux

Well that's a new one on me!

Post by FABlux »

Barry ordered some tee shirts from Amazon France and 1 wasn't the one he ordered so he contacted them. They agreed a refund and emailed him a free return label to print off. He just has to stick the label on the outside of the parcel, go online to request collection & leave it in our postbox with the receipt for the postman to complete & it will be picked up tomorrow!

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Well that's a new one on me!

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I wish our returns were so automated!
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Having said that, I have in the past had occasion to return items to Amazon and it wasn’t made difficult. However, just recently, I ordered something which was totally misrepresented in the advert, so I complained. I hadn’t realised that I was dealing with Amazon Marketplace and the item was Chinese. The rigmarole I went through with emails to get a refund was unbelievable! In the end, I accepted a refund for the majority of the item and kept the item, solely because the recorded postage back to them (which they were insisting on!) would have cost me more. :xx
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

RS that is the trouble with Amazon sometimes. But we have been very pleased with Amazon France so far but we do compare the costs as some items are much cheaper in the UK even allowing for postage here. Our SatNav has just died and the new one, arrives tomorrow from Amazon UK & including postage is still £20 cheaper than Amazon France, but the silly thing is it is coming from the European warehouse so only 4 day delivery.

The oddest one we had was an order from Amazon UK for delivery to our son for him to bring over. We ordered something for the garden, can't remember what, but he rang to ask why we wanted a tambourine! We had to send a photo of the item, which he took for us & they did give us a full refund and said not to bother returning the item as it clearly was not the correct item, that had come from China too!!