Hello again

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Hello again

Post by Grandad »

Hello folks, just thought I would look in and see how you are all fairing. Self imposed isolation I expect like Mrs G and me. Not much different for us because, apart from at weekends, we seldom see anyone in the week and only go to Sainsburys on Thursdays for the bulk of the weekly shopping. Even that routine has stopped for the last two weeks and we have started home delivery, something we have never done before but, I must say, the Sainsburys procedure is very easy and efficient. Raised another large order this afternoon for delivery next Monday morning.
I did have to go into town yesterday morning to collect my monthly repeat prescription. Our large Boots store was closed for retail sales but anything deemed as healthcare, and of course the pharmacy, were available. The city was quite eerie. As one of the most visited cities in the UK, Canterbury was almost entirely devoid of people. I just saw a short queue outside Westminster Bank all keeping a good distance apart. I took a snap looking south along St Georges Street and then North along The Parade, High street and on to St Peters Street. I then found pictures from approximately the same viewpoint for comparison.Here are two collages to illustrate my point about the absence of people, all observing the rule "Stay at home and save lives"
St Georges Street Area.jpg
High Street and The Parade.jpg
Sorry the images are not very good. Jpegs don't like being messed about with.
Take care all. :up
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

:gg:
FABlux

Re: Hello again

Post by FABlux »

Good to see you are OK Grandad.

Wow what a difference between those pictures, glad to see they are keeping their distance.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Glad to hear you Mrs G are keeping well :) yes everywhere is looking rather bare at the moment, all for a good reason, but hopefully we'll all be back to normal before we know it

Stay Safe :hug:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Interesting photos @Grandad Definitely a difference.

It is about the same here. Everybody staying inside. All our Grocery stores are allowing Seniors to shop 7am to 8am but they're also counting how many people go into the store as they're only allowed so many inside at any given time. We're apparently shopped out of standard items like toilet paper, tinned goods, dried bulk foods. The stores didn't institute limitations until most of the stock was gone. Personally I'm typically fairly well stocked so haven't had a need to run out.

We only have 6 ICU beds, 250 acute care beds (almost always full with regular folks being ill) and 14 ventilators to serve a population of 250,000 which is the entire area. Our hospital put out a message asking for donations of any kind of medical supplies as they're running really low thanks to our Prime Minister who sent off 16 tons of medical/surgical equipment to China mid-February.

So - prudent to stay home. I'm watching TV, sewing, brought out a couple of puzzles. I did start a new group on Facebook that I'm the Admin of. In 5 weeks I've got 540 people joined up. We're definitely chatting ;) so I'm fairly busy checking in on that couple times a day.

Just reviewed my seeds for this year. Don't have any tomato seeds but I never keep them as I typically buy a couple already started plants.

Nothing much else to report.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Glad you are keeping busy and isolated LL.

Still can't get my head round the panic buying it is so selfish! UK council workers were taking pictures of huge amount of food out in bins, often still wrapped that had gone over after being stockpiled! :xx Glad to say none of that here in France. Was even a special offer on giant packs of loo rolls in the local supermarket (no I didn't buy one) :lol: The only restriction has been 2 kg rice and/or pasta and that was put on very early before stocks started to run out so still plenty in the shops.