What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Did a Volunteer Policing Shift yesterday. Found 4 cars in a waterfront parking lot that had no plates but that was about as exciting as it got. Was only a 2 hour drive around so if there was any 'action' I guess I missed it. ;)

This morning an heading over to a Starbucks in the book store for a cuppa with the girlfriend. We'll solve the problems of the world over a "Royal English Breakfast Tea" (aka black tea). Will then swing through WalMarts garden center to see what they still have left in it. Soon as Father's Day is done they'll put all remaining plants on sale and clear out their garden section cheap. Need to know if I need to go back next week to see what is left as I have 1 mid-sized ceramic pot to fill with something.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Fathers Day? Doesn't mean much to me, I get the cards and bottles of wine from my family but as I said to my son, "What next Grandkids Day and My Cats or Dogs Day?
As our daughter and her husband are such a big help to us I treated them to lunch at Chapmans, where else? ;) :lol:
We had a super seafood lunch and as I am a local resident I qualify for 10% off the total bill. Not just because I am of pensioner age, anyone living nearby gets it. Just a bit of marketing to get the locals to visit regularly and with us, it works. :lol: :lol:
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I didn't realise myself until my daughter turned up with a card and a nice bottle of Southern Comfort :P Son text me to say he was bringing his card and a pressie in the morning. :up

Just to mention I will be away for most of next week, so play nice, I know you will. :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

HAPPY FATHERS DAY TO ALL FATHERS on HERE!!!!

Today I've been watering and watching TV but am now going to head over to the Sports Center as the twins are having a final basketball tournament of the year. Mostly they're talking about the pizza at the end but they'll have fun playing too.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@Horus

H, I believe the weather should be better next week so enjoy your trip and drive carefully with the tourer behind :up
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The basketball tournament was actually what they were calling a "jamboree" in that each game was 10 minutes and the teams just kept revolving and rotating...…..the kids were having a blast as basically they were just playing literally "everybody"!

Very nice day here - lots of sun but not too hot and not too cold and not too windy too :)

Have a good trip H! Hope you're off to somewhere exotic :a44: :a44: :sd: :sd:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks LLL, no nothing exotic, just a lads and dads jaunt with my son in Wales, a few beers and some walking with Annie plus a chill out few days.:br
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@H - ok so more of a :mb: :mb: :br :br type get away verses a :a44: :a44: or a :a48: :a48:

Have fun any which way you're going :) I'll be here with a cuppa :ct
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Have a great trip, Horus!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks folks, its only for a few days, we went away for a few days last year and my son enjoyed it so much he asked if we could do it again. He has a busy life so he is a bit limited with his free time, I reckon it gives him a bit of 'me' time and of course it is very enjoyable for me and Annie too having some extra company. :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Enjoy your trip Horus, remember the photos :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

For some reason I was up with the birds this morning - 6am but the sun is out and shining bright. Got all the watering done so am now watching TV re: animal rescue groups (Houston Animal Cops). Truly can't understand why people get pets and then are total negligent looking after them.

Nothing much else on the agenda today. I could get up and off the chair and go for coffee with the girls who have a 10am Monday morning craft over coffee get together - but - not sure how motivated I am today. Will see.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today I became blonde again! ;) Very light blonde, just enough to cover my natural colour :)

Then I found a "Golden Japanese Forest Grass" plant. I've been looking for one of these grass plants for a long time but have not found any. Went to Walmart of all places and saw on the bottom shelf at the back on discount one of them so it is now planted in the garden where the climbing hydrangea was ;)

This URL just for a sense of what it WILL in time look like

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=Ja ... &FORM=IGRE
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Well, after 7 weeks I'm back in rainy Cardiff and Boy does it feel cold! It was only 16C in the house and terribly damp feeling, so the heating went on straight away, but after 6 hours it still feels clammy.

Well, I now have my Spanish Residencia, new bank account and my new Studio apartment is almost finished. things have really moved on.....

On Friday the electrician who earlier gave me a quote for work here is coming to re-assess the job and probably increase the price a bit, maybe not.

Not hot in Ibiza at the moment a nice 26 or 27C bit humid because the sea is so close, but very pleasant.

I've had no phone contact (forgot to get roaming) but the queues at the service supplier there are so long, I couldn't face joining one. However my daughter has promised to get me set up before I go back to baby sit the dogs while she and Grandson go on holiday.

I am much fitter and stronger because of the variety of daily chores that I did, from bringing in the firewood at the beginning of the stay to helping my Artist Friend prepare gilded wood for his new project. I've swept and mopped expanses of tiled floors, carried water, put out washing then brought it in and put it away, which I couldn't do when I arrived. I still can't get up by myself if I fall on the floor though. :lol:

I've had a very good time and it's not included watching TV except once a week when daughter catches up on East Enders.

I took a few photos on my phone before I left, so I'll download them I hope and post them here.
Nice to be back. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@MD - good to hear you have a great time away and you've returned to your home better and fitter. I kinda wish I'd of been born in a warm sunny country as life might have been different there. I think when you're born into hot/cold/dry/wet and everything else in between you learn to organize your time better. I know that I'm out the door FAST if the rain stops for a bit and I can go top speed to get a great amount of things done before it starts to rain again. Am sure if I didn't have that consideration I'd languish away and poke about and do what I want when I want (or maybe not). Anyway good you're back. Looking forward to seeing your photos.

What project is your friend doing/making that is gilded?

I didn't do much today. Went to a local Thrift shop, found nothing so met up with the daughter over a cup of tea and talked about the kids and then I came home and finished sewing up an afghan sized quilt.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I have a friend coming this morning who wants to start dressmaking, so I said I would help her. I don't think she has made anything for 60 odd years (I could be wrong) and I'm 99% sure that she has chosen to make a flying suit as her first project! Ye gods and little fishes! I do hope that my offer to help her doesn't come back to bite me on the bum! I refuse to make it for her, so I will only do what I can. Has this ever happened to anyone else? If it did, how did you solve it?
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Good to see you back MD, look forward to seeing your photos :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Well, I'm still loving what I eat and currently I have lost 23 lbs and was moving so much better until I knocked my heavy old laptop off the bench and onto my foot this afternoon. I just need to keep my movement levels up, difficult without walking, so plenty of old fashioned housework with a brush, a mop and bucket. The windows need doing too!
Smile! It confuses people
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Yesss! I was right. She brought a pattern for a backless spaghetti strapped jump suit! She didn't want it backless, and she didn't want to put a zip in, which would be bad enough, but she also bought quilting cotton to make it in! Mmmm! I don't think so! I sent her away to think again. :td
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

This is the weekend of the National Quilt Championship which I was meant to be attending but no car means no trip. :( I am so disappointed to miss it! DH is still looking for a replacement but nothing has popped up that he likes in our price range so far. Funny thing about cars. We don't use ours a lot but when it isn't available, all sorts of things crop up and you realize just how much you rely on it. I do hope it won't be long before we have wheels again.