What are the odds

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

What are the odds

Post by Grandad »

Now that the contestants for the position of PM and leader of the Conservative party have made their opening statements, I can't resist posing the question, "How long before Donald Trump pokes his nose in once again, with a tweet with HIS advice on the best candidate"? :tk

But don't get me wrong, President Trump has gone way up in my opinion of him since he became President. I just wish he would leave social media to the young people and not a world leader... :(

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What are the odds

Post by Horus »

I agree Grandad, that is his downfall.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last night on the evening TV News I watched an interview of a top ranked (#1 actually) comedian Bill Mahr who does Political satire. He has been highly critical of Trump however last night said given all that is coming out now re: Obama & Dems & how they attempted to 'fix' the last election that he will acknowledge that Trump does have mega legit supporters who readily recognize Trumps strengths and weaknesses with his one main weakness being how much he 'tweets' and how everybody wishes he'd stop doing that (me included).

When I go to the States now I see umpteen signs on billboards and on the doors of businesses saying they are hiring & help wanted. There was NO work when I left. The economy was visibly dragging, people were searching lots for jobs and jobs were scarce. Now it is quite visible that businesses are moving and shaking again.

I also have to say that I like it though that Trump will state openly what he wants to state. We have so many Politicians that "cover" their message(s) in ambiguity out of fear of offending somebody somewhere.

IMO This PC culture has done nothing other than to stifle free thinking, innovation, exploration and freedom of expression. PC has now gone to the extreme of "if you don't agree with absolutely everything that WE think, although WE can change our mind second by second which has only served to create tentative forays to anything out of the norm, we'll shout you down and scream obscenities in your face with no care at all to how this affects you and everybody witnessing what WE are doing (although we have no core fundamental values - just impressions not even based on fact or science)."

Personally I'm glad Trump is Trump. I like the man and if I was voting I would vote for him.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Your last paragraph rings very true for the UK, even today we had the Brexit 'Remoaners' attempting to hijack the Parliamentary procedure so as to force the option of the government deciding on a no deal, off the table. Even though they lost the referendum vote they are still trying to derail the result and will use all sorts of underhand tactics to get there way, quite frankly it is they who are ruining the UK economy with their constant disruption instead of the country getting on with leaving the EU as promised.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Totally agree H that there is quite a group in the world who are fine with doing anything to achieve their own way even if their way is ridiculous. They're doing anything & everything possible to disrupt votes/systems/standardized procedures and HOW most of them manage to do it during the day when most of us are working is beyond me. They'll accept ONLY their way at any cost and their way isn't want the majority necessarily voted for!

What makes it worse too is that many of today's politicians are pandering to them (by not outright saying NO to them) which is validating in an odd what that these disrupters have a point.