Today an Iguana fell on Me

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Today an Iguana fell on Me

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Annual holiday time has arrived. Easy trip to Mexico although I do have to leave 2 days early to get off the Island (glad I did as it snowed right after I left) and get me to the Airport.

No hitches or glitches or even bumps on the flight 'cept we had to wait maybe 10 extra minutes on the run way 'til another plane exited so we could park.

Got to the hotel and since I hadn't been in this wing or room before I opened the sliding glass door to have a look see at my view only to have the entire door fall out at me. It was a slow waltz and I was able to get it to tip over and lean on the bed. This started a flurry of activity as it seems the entire white frame thing had come off the wall so nothing was holding the door in place and all had been hidden behind the curtains. This was fixed same evening as I was at dinner so I agreed to stay in this room as I do get an ocean view as well as a view of the entire pool area.

Down to the pool this morning, got my towels, got my lounger and just sat my behind down and was ordering a cuppa tea when there was a big rustling above me and splat down on the end of the longer plops a decent sized iguana. He literally bounced off the end and onto the deck and quickly scurried away but now I'm faced with 2 days and 2 things falling on me ......... :sd :sd quite worried what number three will be! :sd :sd

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Today an Iguana fell on Me

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I thought the site had been a bit quiet for a few days and suspected you'd gone on holiday, LLL! :lol: Have a good time and keep an eye open for more local wildlife!
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

LLL............enjoy your holiday & I look forward to seeing your photos :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Couple of views and vistas

I don't know what these are but I really love 'em. I like the open look of the stems and the flowers sure seem to last a long time.

Lots of these guys on the beaches too. Lots of people so you can get quite close. Very pretty and sure searching the waves for whatever they can catch from the shore line.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Don't walk under any ladders or step on cracks in paving slabs LLL ;) Don't push your chances ;)
The balcony door falling in sounds horrible, glad you weren't hurt. If that is the state of things, don't lean on the balcony railings and stay safe ;)
Right, glad you are back to picture taking and you usually find subjects of interest to us on your trips to Mexico.
I don't know anything about the flowers and the bird looks like some sort of Egret. The beach looks appealing and I could easily spend a few hours relaxing there. You have said that you are there for a longer stay so if you get out and about please post some pictures of local scenes. We have never been to Mexico but it is still a possibility. :lol:
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Super photos LLL..........keep em coming :)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I think you should give the balcony a miss. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The door falling in was quite a surprise. I was sure it was a slider but when it started coming forward I actually thought I was pulling on the handle incorrectly. Could have been a bad incident if it had been the other door if it had hit the floor but the side I grabbed was easy enough to let go onto the bed BUT - I'm not taking any chances with balconies ;)
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Grandad wrote:Don't walk under any ladders or step on cracks in paving slabs LLL ;) Don't push your chances ;)
The balcony door falling in sounds horrible, glad you weren't hurt. If that is the state of things, don't lean on the balcony railings and stay safe ;)
Right, glad you are back to picture taking and you usually find subjects of interest to us on your trips to Mexico.
I don't know anything about the flowers and the bird looks like some sort of Egret. The beach looks appealing and I could easily spend a few hours relaxing there. You have said that you are there for a longer stay so if you get out and about please post some pictures of local scenes. We have never been to Mexico but it is still a possibility. :lol:

Think the flowering shrub is an Oleander Grandad.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Nice to see you posting on here, Hurghadapat! :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Hurghadapat - I don't know what this plant is but here is a more close up of the flower. These bushes are 1 meter + high and about the same wide. The stems remind me of a jade plant and the leaves are a bit fleshy with a waxy coating. Could be oleander - I don't know and nobody here knows the name of it either.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

How big is it LLL? I got a memory itch when I saw the photo and I think it begins with "P" on the other hand, I'm probably completely wrong. I had a German chap who sold me some very unusual plants in Luxor, including the Australian Lilly Pilly which was weeded out by my staff. :(
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I was completely wrong - I think it is Adenium Obesum or Desert rose. You can get it as a house plant sometimes here in the UK.

It's similar to pink Frangipani but the leaves are thicker and rounder and the petals aren't so pointed and overlapping like Frangipani. I'd guess it wouldn't grow as large either.

I found this on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenium

The "P" I was troubled by was Pittosporum. There is one of the many varieties with the same leaves as the picture, but the flowers are very different.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Mad Dilys wrote:I was completely wrong - I think it is Adenium Obesum or Desert rose. You can get it as a house plant sometimes here in the UK.

It's similar to pink Frangipani but the leaves are thicker and rounder and the petals aren't so pointed and overlapping like Frangipani. I'd guess it wouldn't grow as large either.

I found this on Wikipedia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenium

The "P" I was troubled by was Pittosporum. There is one of the many varieties with the same leaves as the picture, but the flowers are very different.

Think you are correct.....when i looked at the latest photo LLL posted i can see the leaves are not as narrow as an oleander and are more fleshy.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I love Oleanders, very forgiving plants with a fabulous smell - pity all parts are poisonous. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

From MD's post (which I Googled) this popped up and this IS IT which is ADENIUM in Thailand.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adenium#/ ... ailand.jpg

I have no memory of ever seeing this plant in Cairo or Luxor but since it seems to thrive here I'm sure it could grow there. Mostly the stems are leggy and bare in a really interesting sort of way and then towards the end of the stems there are a few leaves and flowers. The flowers are definitely lasting a long time. It almost has the look of a Sedum.

I don't believe I've ever seen it grown as a houseplant in my area but it would be a really interesting plant to have as a houseplant especially if you could get it to bloom.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

Have a great holiday but try to avoid sitting under flight paths!