Canada & Saudi Arabia

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Canada & Saudi Arabia

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Turned on the morning news to a "Breaking News" story whereby one of our Politicials tweeted something about Human Rights that the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA) objects to. The Kingdom tweeted something and then Canada basically tweeted back that WE will ALWAYS stand up for human rights blah blah blah.

About 30 minutes later I saw the Saudi's (next door neighbours) and others congregating in the driveway. Went out and long story short - they're all students and KSA has ordered ALL of them home from Canada. They sent them all tickets and in 2 weeks Canada will be 30,000 students + medical doctors less.

The guys next door looked like Zombies as they got this news late last night and most of them then hadn't slept. They were all in shock that in two weeks they have to eliminate all they own and return home. No continuation of their education, no option to appeal although KSA is saying they will relocate them to New Zealand, Australia, UK, Japan, Korea or the USA.

This is going to be a totally devastating hit to our local University to suddenly with no warning lose 300 foreign students who are paying umteen times regular tuition.

All these guys are driving mega new fancy cars so now there is a Fire sale on cars happening here along with TVs, furniture - you name it it all has to go.

NONE of this is yet being reported on the news and Canada (media is Gov't run) is definitely pushing right now how awful KSA is to their people who have NO human rights. Then some group posted a picture of Canada Airlines flying by our space needles which looked like the 9/11 scenerio sooooooooo ???? KSA has told our Ambassador he has 24 hours to get out and their Ambassador has already left Canada.

So I've now got dropped off a 1 rice paper tall tall lamp, a huge circular fan and two 50" TVs. (I have no room to put these anywhere). Just hope my driveway doesn't become a parking lot for all their cars - course I would mind a BMW ;)

All in all I'm kinda wondering since Saudi and Trump and now talking how much of this isn't designed to keep crippling Canada? We're in a War with Trump over Tariffs and both Canada and the USA are now tarriffing each other to the max. Kinda wonder if Saudi is helping Trump? Have a theory but way to long to explain ....

Interesting times..........

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Canada & Saudi Arabia

Post by Horus »

Sounds as if things are hotting up between the two countries and KSA are using their petro dollars to get their own way.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Our present Government under our present Prime Minister seems to think the entire world MUST be gender neutral, totally equal and love global nationalism blah blah blah. Seems our Gov't ordered Saudi to release ALL its Human Rights prisoners and they objected to it and cause they're a Kingdom now running under a new young Prince who can hand out orders this is the result.

Seeing it happen on a personal level with my neighbours and the crew of young guys who are here studying it is nothing short of tragically awful.

Saudi has also stopped their Airline (as of Aug 13th?) from flying here too.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

More of a spoiled brat than a diplomat it appears 8)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Our Diplomat (woman) who started with the tweet making demands of Saudi Arabia is no charmer either. Was appointed by our Prime Minister so as to have a gender balanced Cabinet is of the silver spoon crew too .....

TV News this morning says that Saudi is bringing home 16,000 students plus all the Doctors they have practicing here who are apparently looking after 20,000 Canadians ...... Saudi is suspending trade with Canada (we export 1.5 Billion to them and import 2 Billion) as well.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Make yourselves a decent trade agreement with the UK after Brexit and you will make up that deficit in a few months and stuff the Saudi’s ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Well I dunno - Are ALL your laws gender neutral? Are ALL your Political posts Gender neutral and Gender balanced? Does your PM walk in the annual Gay Pride Parade? Are all your bathrooms in all public places now gender neutral? Is the UK following a globalist agenda whereby all refugees are welcome (over your own citizens) and given priority for everything (over the taxpayers) and on and on.......COZ if not I highly doubt Canada is going to deal with you unless YOU follow the RULES we SET and think need to be enforced.......... :urm: :ni: :urm: :urm: :urm:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It's a no deal then :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Been sitting and watching my neighbours scramble to keep downsizing their home. I definitely don't want to be the recipient of more stuff although the words "if you need any help with anything let me know" just automatically fell out of my mouth yesterday and probably more than once. And I genuinely don't mind helping them.

On the other hand whilst I know that many of the Middle Eastern countries are not operating by our standards I can't help but think it is SUPER presumptuous on Canadas part to basically say that WE are going to push OUR values onto everybody else!!! But we're not even outlining what our values are because in this day and age I sure as heck couldn't really say what they are........from what I observe if you're from anywhere else that makes you a "person of colour" you've got it all over me.

Nowadays although I worked more than the average guy/gal "I" am supposed to somehow say "I'm sorry" because I gave up a lot to be where I am now in the world? Am I supposed to feel bad that I am now collecting the pension I worked bloody hard to get? YET - that is definitely what some want me to hold as a value......that all I've worked for is "too much" and "I only made it because I've obviously exploited somebody else" and/or "got it off the work of somebody else." That is the VALUE we now have? Cause it sure isn't mine...........
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

NOW - Saudi Arabia is selling off all their Canadian assets and they are even bringing all their sick people out of our hospitals (never knew our hospitals were FULL of Saudis but apparently they are!)

It is interesting to watch the TV News as they're definitely UNDER reporting what is going on nor have they reported anything about the impact this is going to have on all our Universities when 16,000 foreign students who are paying hefty foreign tuitions are pulled (and I'm more than sure our Universities have already planned for and spent these $$)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

To date we've now lost 800 Doctors across Canada. Saudi Arabia was paying their salaries so our in country medical crisis has now ratched up another notch. We don't have enough doctors now and now we have 800 less.

Locally we're losing 122+ Saudi students (15,000 - 16,000 country wide) and all their foreign tuitions paid to our local University.

What I find most interesting on the TV News here is how they're offering mega explanations that 'we' did nothing wrong by way of sending out a tweet publicly shaming another country's policy on Human Rights while stating that this is only Saudi Arabia flexing its muscle.

Our PM is goofy. He has paid Terrorists 10million, brought mega crime to our country by way of allowing thousands of people to now just walk across our Border, pushed our own military out of Barracks pre-Christmas so he could house Syrian refugees and on and on and now he wonders why this type of Tweeting isn't getting all our Allies to "stand with us" ...... truly our New Media is querying WHY none of our allies is supporting us in this.

The quiet is deafening.......
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Maybe because it is not an issue here as no news media is reporting this as far as I can see on UK TV
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Here the news reported that the UK was the only country who kinda sighed and said, only once, something like - "yeah we're kinda thinking the same way they do" - but for some reason, as per our News, our Politicians are thinking all Democratic countries of the world should be up in arms to support us.

All it says to me is that our Politicians are incredibly incredibly naive, out of touch with anything & everything and have not a clue about Diplomacy and how to run ANYTHING!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Sounds par for the course for any politician if you ask me. They all live in a fantasy world of their own making.

Correction - I don't necessarily agree with him, but we have one old Labour MP Dennis Skinner who is now 86 years old and an archetypical Grumpy Old Man who has always stuck to his principles. He is nicknamed The Beast of Bolsover and I think MPs of all parties are secretly scared of him,

I deeply respect him for it. :up
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't always agree with some of the Dinosaurs but, at least, you typically know where they stand. They have their positions, can articulate why/what/how and all the wheretofors and I do admire that. Some of the newer people into politics don't really seem to have a grasp on how the world really works. They spout ideologies that make you scratch your head........

One of the latest political theories that is flowing every here now is that NONE of us who own our homes bought them ourselves. WE actually only acquired them off the work of others.........????? REALLY? It wasn't ME out there working double time? It wasn't ME writing all those mega reports and taking the risk with investments? Geez - I really wonder WHO that other person impersonating ME was!?!?!

There is really a very strong political thread flowing here these days that everybody needs to equal. There is talk to do away with all inheritance because 'why should anybody get to inherit what somebody else worked for' with further elaboration that any inheritance should just go into a general pot for all society .......

Anyway - back to Saudi and Canada - we have on Research/Teaching Hospital - "McGill" and they've just pulled 200 Saudi Doctors out of it essentially putting this huge hospital into crisis!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Nothing in Nature is equal, anymore than anything is perfect.

Well that's my opinion in the light of my own experience. 8)
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I have to agree with you MD about Dennis Skinner, he is not my choice of party but as an MP he has principles and speaks as he finds it, so he gets my vote when it comes to the type of people we need in Parliament :up