G7 Summit

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

G7 Summit

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am very curious what your news is saying about the G7 Summit held in here in Quebec Canada?

Here it seems Trump has taken after our Prime Minister Trudeau after he (Trudeau) made some comments about Trump during a press conference AFTER all was agreed to which has caused Trump to pull out whatever he agreed to.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: G7 Summit

Post by Horus »

Its all over the news here LLL, all I can say is that Trump is starting to behave like some sort of third world despot leader. He is like spoiled child rather than a politician, just thinking of him as the leader of the free world is frightening. He disregards his closest allies and friends at the drop of a hat, he insults the Canadian president and ignores our own Prime Minister whilst advocating that a rogue state as it has become under Putin, should be brought back into the fold. He advocates and expects sanctions against some countries regardless of the damage he does to other peoples economies, then considers that pariah countries like Russia should be allowed to get away with whatever they wish and the rest of the world should go along with him.

The UK has always had close ties with other English speaking countries like Australia, New Zealand, Canada and of course America and the existence of a ‘special relationship’ is always talked about between us and the States, something I doubt ever really existed, but if one did then it looks to be in tatters. The rest of the world groaned when he was elected POTUS and I am afraid those fears are becoming all too real, the man has an ego problem and quickly gets rid of anyone who disagrees with him, this is also proving to be true of the way he treats his allies.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

His country has allies, I doubt if he really has any.
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well said horus :up Every word you say is true. Why the American people were persuaded to elect him I shall never understand. Your description that he is 'Like a third world despot leader, like a spoiled child rather than a politician' is spot on.......
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

'Bout the same reaction here........most of the Canadian political leaders are kinda shaking their heads and wondering what happened???
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad- why? So far since he has been elected the economic stats of the country are strongly favouring him: Lowest employment for blacks, women and regular people in decades. People down there are working and that is a strong motivator to "like" somebody too.

So many Politicans there are dinosaurs. Truly crazy dinosaurs too - Nancy Pelosi, Maxine Waters, Elizabeth Warren to name a few. There should honestly be term limits so there is a fresh infusion and people have real choices. Without that you get Trump. I still like him. To me he was the "pick of the litter" ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Well, LLL while I can't agree with you it still doesn't work if we all think the same.
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

He is doing what America has always done and that is to look after its own interests first. We have to remember that it is only this century that they have involved themselves in global politics, previously they largely ignored what was happening elsewhere until it directly affected them, two world wars proved that. The strange thing about politics is how our leaders are perceived elsewhere, I remember being in America when Ronald Regan was in charge, he didn’t seem to be that popular there, but we Brits mostly liked him. At the same time I was being told what a wonderful woman Margaret Thatcher our PM was, this was at a time when she was disliked by the majority of people here in the UK. :ni:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think Trump is a business man and he is running a country. Sometimes it is refreshing not to hear the political BaBBLE and he is bringing the USA back.

I could not have voted for Hillary Clinton for any reason. Epitome of corruption IMO.

Our present PM Trudeau's Liberals are so unliked and unpopular now the Liberal Premier of Ontario conceded 3 or 4 days prior to their Provincial election last week. Big blow to Trudeau as Ontario has now gone very Conservative with a Business type man (Ford) who is very much like Trump. Even looks a bit like him. Methinks many are developing a more Conservative attitude as Liberal right wing politics are not the way to go. Personally I see Trump and Trudeau mixing like oil and vinegar. Don't know the rest of the G7 well enough to comment.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:@Grandad- why? So far since he has been elected the economic stats of the country are strongly favouring him: Lowest employment for blacks, women and regular people in decades. People down there are working and that is a strong motivator to "like" somebody too.
@LovelyLadyLux If that is the case and if he can be credited with what would sound a very rapid turnaround, then well done him. But you are talking domestic affairs where he seems to walk over anybody who he feels gets in his way. Like any despot dictator.
Todays news and that which will follow tomorrow, is international diplomacy and to be honest he doesn't score many points with me on that score.
I doubt if he will get a very warm welcome if he comes to the UK later in the year. But, the way the man behaves he is most likely to stamp his petulant foot and say 'not going'
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I was going to say he was a business man, but that is not quite the truth, he inherited most of his wealth and actually lost a lot more, so he is not really that good at it. What he does display is the old board room directors arrogance at anything that conflicts with his view of things, I can just imagine the way he would deal with his employees “what! They are on strike for better conditions?” “tell them to get back to work or I’ll fire the lot and employ South Koreans instead”. He has a very pugnacious attitude and expects to get what he wants by threats and bullying, he is certainly no diplomat.

I would feel the same way about Hilary Clinton as you do, far too much sleaze attached to her, we have the same problem here and it is difficult to choose a decent character amongst them, it is either a self interested and self serving Tory Party or a left wing spendthrift Labour Party, neither of who deserve my vote. Trump may be going down well in America and that is mainly because Americans love to bang the drum and feel superior and he plays to that, but I’m afraid that there is often pride before a fall. He is rapidly making enemies of his friends and allies with all his rhetoric and claims of unfairness, it cuts both ways and he may find that Europe in particular can cause him as much grief back in his homeland if they decide they have had enough of his silly tariff games and start retaliating.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No doubt that Trump is hoping for some kind of deal that will get him into the history books and some sort of accolade for bringing North Korea to the negotiating table. He is too blind to see that Kim will be telling his people how all of their sacrifices have paid off and now they have nuclear weapons the Americans will listen to them and the proof of that is right now. Better still he may even offer to end the longest ever cease fire in history and officially sign a peace treaty between North & South, he has nothing to lose by such a gesture and it makes him look like a moderate on the world stage. Of course Trump will wallow in this falsehood as everyone knows that a formal declaration of peace is just a piece of paper as is the scrapping of his nuclear weapons, the genii is out of the bottle now and Kim can quickly regain any lost ground in that direction if things don’t go his way. The North actually have nothing to lose and everything to gain, they will demand plenty in return and the devil will be in the detail, I am sure we can all remember similar historic deals that ended in failure with little actual change, Camp David springs to mind. Call me cynical, but I wonder what Trumps would say if Kim said “I will give up all of my nuclear arsenal and renounce them forever, will you do the same?” :cg
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Given that it was Trump & Clinton to vote for - who would you have picked? I'd rather chew my hand off than vote for Hillary so what was the alternative? Not vote? Or vote for Trump? Always decisions decisions decisions.......could you have lived without voting?

As a non-politician who has faced total opposition from all the Dinosaurs from day 1 I'm ok with him. At least he's creating jobs for his people, is standing up for what he believes in (not saying I'm on that page) and is trying. How it all shakes out is anybodies guess...when I compare him to what we have here in Canada - NO comparison.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I am afraid that most Americans had the same choice as we had here, an unpopular Conservative party and a ultra left leaning Labour party and yes for the first time in my life I refused to vote in our local elections as neither party offered me a credible reason to do so. For the same reason Trump was elected, it was either Hilary or him and a majority chose him, but more for the reason that they were tired of all the others and he was the only choice left.