WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

By late morning the sun was out and shining. Didn't warm up too much but the sun was out - that big yellow thing was up there! ;) ;)

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Been blowing a gale all night long as storm 'Frank' has been hitting us. As usual Grandad has been blessed with lovely calm weather, but with any luck he will be swamped out around Tea time as it moves across the country and Ca-moron will be declaring another emergency in the South and issuing everyone down there with a small dish cloth to mop up any excess moisture. :lol: :lol:
No walkies for Annie today, not that she is out of her bed yet, idle little so and so. ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Yes H, they are already out this morning raising the sea defences another foot or so. ;) And the army are installing those temporary barriers all along the river so that the supermarket car park doesn't flood. Can't have the inconvenience of no weekly shopping.......what would we do....starve? :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT, I have an appointment this afternoon for an eye injection at the hospital so, if the rain does come as forecast, I am likely to get caught. Have to go on the bus; can't drive after the jab. :( And Mrs G who had a similar jab yesterday can no longer drive.......poor old souls :lol: :lol: :lol:
Last edited by Grandad on Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

We could always do you an 'Oatcake' air drop Grandad ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:We could always do you an 'Oatcake' air drop Grandad ;)
What? With your drone? :)))
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

It's been blowing heavy winds here since last evening so much so the lights were beginning to flitter :o

I have the candles at the ready & flask filled with boiling water, mustn't go without my coffee ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Obviously you were a Girl Guide Kiya, "be prepared" ;)

Grandad in these winds you would probably have to go to Norway to collect it. :lol:
I can see it all now Grandad, I have visions of Victor Meldrew with you standing at the bus stop with Mrs G, soaking wet from storm Frank and looking wistfully to the sky wondering if you will ever be dry again. Tears running down your cheeks from your blurred vision after your hospital visit, when 'Splat' a large Oatcake hits you on the head from my emergency drone drop. :)))
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

It hasn't rained yet down here but it is forecast, so let's hope that Grandad got to the hospital and back before it does. There's one hell of a wind though! :o
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well, I was waiting at the bus station for my second bus home and, as forecast, down it came. All of 0.5mm in five minutes but the army and fire service were on hand to keep the buses running. :)))
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That about sums it up :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Woke up to

S

N

O

W

AND not that I felt anything but there was a 4.8 earthquake this morning on the south half of the island.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Carrie, a member posted this pic of Beach Street on the Photography group. The Kings Head is on the right and the Time Ball is hidden by the tree

Picture credit to Jiri George Kubik of Czech Republic
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Nice photo and quite a lovely outdoor Christmas tree too.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Doesn't that signs/post awful ruining an other wise lovely picture :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You took the words out of my mouth Kiya, saying as it was already Photoshopped he could have removed those ugly sign posts and made a far nicer picture. Good job he was not on here us lot would have ripped him to pieces :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I do SO agree. And this is a member of a photography group. He over did the saturation and HDR but his best option would have been to position himself on the small roundabout to cut out all the clutter. It is very strange to me that some people simply don't see the clutter and think it is a good picture. Some of the other pictures on that FB group are not all that good either :( Just a few are of pro standard.....
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am awake early and it is still dark but we've either got a heavy frost or a light skiff of snow but no sign of rain. If the weather stays like this it'll be a nice in-coming for the new year.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Early evening, Lamb chops in the oven for my dinner and ready to settle down later in the evening a bit later to watch a film and then let the New Year in before going to bed.
As you saw from the earlier Swan pictures I took Annie for her last walk of 2015 and to say it was muddy is a real understatement. It was bright enough at one point, but quite cold and after about 2 hours it did seem to be threatening rain. I had to clean us both down after reaching the car as we were very muddy and after cleaning my shoes when we arrived home I also had to give Annie a 'short' bath, 4 paws, belly and bum before allowing her inside, but as it had turned even colder I used a bowl with warm water outside in the drive. After settling down with a cup of coffee the heavens opened and the rain, well sleet really, was hitting the windows and conservatory roof and making a lot of noise, so luckily we missed being out in all that.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It never warmed up today above freezing but the sun did come out from about 11am on to 3pm. No rain but it is pretty nippy outside.

I've eaten leftover chicken and broccoli and now am watching the NEWS shows recap the year. Lately I've been watching Netflix moves in the evenings from 7pm-ish on and haven't decided what I'll do tonight - probably 1 movie then come back to watch the New Year arrive on TV.

Our city is going to have fireworks down on the waterfront but I already know that it is going to be sub-zero and terrifically COLD down there so don't have too much interest in going to see fireworks. All the Pubs here put out deals where for $25 or so each you can get a dinner and then sit and listen to music 'til midnight - the main aim is for you buy drinks all night. The drinking drivers DO scare me and sitting in a Pub all night whilst everybody gets soused is the last thing I'd ever do.

See ya all NEXT year ;)

BTW - as we're up to 11 pages on this Thread we should start another one - 2016 Weather Reports from Everyone
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Woke to the first frost of the year :lol: :lol: :lol:

But seriously it is the first frost of the winter so at least the temperatures have been higher. Unfortunately the rainfall in the north and north west has been the highest December on record and thousands caught by floods can bare witness to that. Lousy Christmas and New Year for all those folks. :( Hope 2016 will be better for them and our Best Wishes for this new year to all. :up