WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Post by Jayway »

Portugal, 3 days of rain in the week, real rain this time, everything soggy and the dry beige ground has gone, there is a sheen of green glistening in the raindrops. Yesterday opened the door at 7am, dark, cold (18 *) so back indoors. Opened the door at 9 am. could only see the 2 palm trees outside, a cloud had sunk !! It was weird, silent, cats appeared out of nowhere. Didnt clear till 10.30, could only see 50 mt by then . . more rain expected this weekend.Today was nice, laid outside and finished another book . .

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: WEATHER REPORTS FROM EVERYONE.

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm back in the Pacific Northwest corner of the USA. Today is foggy, dampish, no sign of the sun anywhere. All the leaves on the trees various shades of yellow to orange to red ...... FALL is definitely here.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Grey damp weather here in the UK. Just what you'd expect for October really. Getting colder and I think Autumn is really here. Shorter days which reminds me that the clocks go back soon. Time to think of all those indoor tasks and hobbies. Fire on as soon as I get up now and usually on all day. Beginning to think of all those Winter dishes to cook. :D
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Your fall is pretty LLL, here its not so pretty, more like a horror set with the skeletal fig trees. I have my fire laid but its really not cold enough yet unless I want to walk around in a bikini . . . . The wind today is strong, one plastic chair out in the field, squished over to get it- the garage roof is rattling, maybe a few more nails later - - - Ruby, do you make garlic potatoes from wrinkly spuds? Loved them when I lived in the Canary Islands.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

All I can say for the N.E Scotland is: four seasons in one day for a while now , nothing new with that, that is normal for this way ;)

I do feel it a bit chilly now & yep the clocks go back next weekend :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Warmish and sunny this afternoon. Got warm enough for me to take my jacket off and just wear a long sleeve t-shirt. Tomorrow is supposed to be more of the same - BUT - weather can turn in a snap here. Sun one minute and snow the next.......tomorrow should be nice outside.
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

----- Oh MISERY ,,,, the rainy season has arrived, half and inch an half an hour. The cats look awful, hens too, dogs dont care and are filthy.
----- As the humidity went up to 70 I lit the fire - phew, yes it was bikini time , this fire is like a blast furnace, the chimney glows !
----- For sure I should be elsewhere and letting the weeds grow in peace . . HUH.
----- Oh Kiya, so the clocks move again, so annoying when I want to see a tv programme as the teletext stays the same , GRRR
----- AS YOU MAY NOTICE, I HAVE DISCOVERED HOW TO MAKE PARAGRAPHS ! ! CONGRATULATIONS MAY BE SENT HERE .......
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

I did make paragraphs but when I posted it came thro in one block, so I added the dashes . HUH
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Well Done Jay way ;)

Just press your enter button a couple of times or more to make paragraphs ;) :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is 3:30pm and the SUN is cracking through now ....... :ni:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

thankyou LLL. No one ever told me how to work the thing ... I didnt have the internet for years, just played my DVDs. I do a lot on here now, (as LLL knows) have realised how to steal photos and videos, have no idea what cut and paste is. Now I am back to DVDs as the computer cant get many films and games anymore. Oh and its still raining - - -
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Beautiful sunny and WARM day here. If I hadn't known it was fall and if all the trees were not shades of yellow and red I'd of thought it was mid-summer :) :) :)
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Whhee Heeeee , the sun is back. clear blue sky, shorts and sunshade over my sunbed, book ready. Just a few chores to finish. This morning out on Glory was a "keep to the tracks" day, the ground is too boggy. Hand washing was done outside, really dont need any more water in the fosse .. . . will only take a hour to dry . . I have decided not to emigrate - - -
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Don't you dare emigrate, Jay! We're all coming to you! :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We're in what we call "Indian summer" in that the sun shines, it gets warm-ish by the afternoon but usually cool in the mornings. Nice time of year particularly if you can find a sunny corner to bask in.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Well today dawned and it got daylight but no sign of sun anywhere. No wind, now clouds, no sun ......... OMG!!! IS there anything out there!?!?!?!

Wouldn't like to be the poor people in west coast Mexico right now with that huge tropical storm "Pat" or "Patricia" heading their way....... :td
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

THE END OF THE WORLD, LLL ???? High cloud today, wispy, so had a nice couple of hours puddle splashing with Glory, washing was dry when I came home. No reading outside, too windy. At 11pm, just now, it poured down - dont mind the rain at night, shuts up the noisy bugs outside - - - Hey Ruby, apartments are really cheap now, BUT, you do need heating. I have friends with huge villas .. they are always damp.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Back in Cardiff - grey, dull, if you look out the window no telling the time of day.

Ibiza was wet, apparently the seasons have moved forward a month and it's like November. Maybe - but when I was there in July it rained almost every day for 10 days solid, including rain so heavy traffic stopped.

Talking of damp houses - my daughter's small villa has new damp problems. Co-incidentally, the salt water swimming pool has needed a lot of salt, which means the saline is too dilute to be healthy.

As the water level is maintained automatically it could have sprung a leak.................

Of course the genius that made the pool put it uphill and too close to the house. Hmmmmm
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Pouring down rain here today - grey, dull, the bone chilling damp - no sign at all of the sun - BUT - we need all the water we can get so I probably shouldn't complain.

I hope we get lots of high mountain snow this year so it'll keep the lake levels up and the water flowing next summer.

On another note - I just emptied my outside hot tub and re-filled. We were on such strict water restrictions here all summer we were not allowed to change it out over the summer so I didn't get a chance to rest and relax my old bones all summer long. I have now replaced water and filter and this winter instead of chlorine where I'd go out and "shock" the water I'm trying continual release bromine. Will have to monitor the water and hopefully this will keep it better than using chlorine which seems harsher and I won't have to be constantly testing the water too (I think I'm a bit paranoid so I do usually test the water often but bromine might be a confidence builder! ;) )
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Cloudy and grey with no sun - BUT - not raining today.