To blog or not to blog

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: To blog or not to blog

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Personally I have 3 email addresses. My original email address from way back to 1998 is still functional however it became so full of spam I started email address #2 which I guard like crazy and only do all online transactions on it. Recently however one of my LEGIT transactions somehow sold my info or shared my info as for the past couple of months I've been getting emails albeit filtered into my spam as ways I can find other Jewish singles/Christian singles and how to make my private parts grow bigger and longer! About all I can say is they don't have my demographics correct or my sex either!

About a year ago I started email #3 which I haven't really used but I'm thinking of finally retiring Email #1 and starting to use another one.

I'd be perfectly happy with my original email (Yahoo account) except it gets inundated and given the way they've changed Yahoo now I'm not too thrilled with it. Still a good account for searching quilt or crochet patterns because I really don't care if, after 1 search I get mega offers.

I rather like the format of Hotmail and my new account is with gmail but as I really haven't used this account I don't know how well it will filter out the spam and trash!

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I still use the first email I ever had for just about everything. I have a gmail address that I don't use but some of my family do use it if they click the wrong one. I do find it always works well and I never have problems with picture attachments that I do sometimes have with the other regular address.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

My yahoo email which was my first on ends in 98 and that is a 'clue' to how old it is ;) just like my second email addy end in a 99 and that is also a clue to how old they are ;)

My problem with yahoo is there doesn't seem to be a special or specific "BLOCK" icon in that the program opts to block and for the most part it is ok with it but on Hotmail there is a specific ICON that I can use to put a block on some of the spam and I really try to keep the spam to a minimum as it so easily and insidiously slips in.

On another note it also seems once a piece of spam touches down you get it forever regardless if you do BLOCK it.

The gmail I've had for a while more as a 'in case I might need it' but so far I'm still good with the email addresses I have.