This Morning

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

This Morning

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Finally was able to get my new camera lens to replace the one I broke. Just cause I had to try it out I did brave the SNOW (UGH 3" fell last night which is significantly crimping my visiting plans)

This was the view from the door this morning:

It started snowing late last evening and then just took on blizzard proportions but lasted only about 2 hours or so. Left just enough snow to make driving treacherous. We're 1 degree above freezing right now and we might get to 2 degrees. So long as the melt continues that'll be great however if we melt then freeze that doesn't make for happy driving.

AND - what is BEST is that the New lens seems to be working well as does my camera however I'm still thinking about taking the camera up to a really good camera store in Seattle and having them do a tune up. Is that the word for camera? When you want them to probably do a cleaning (or is that needed?) or a look see? or whatever they'd do when I tell them I dropped the camera on the floor.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: This Morning

Post by Grandad »

The lens seems to be working OK which infers that the camera is also OK. I would check that all the functions are working correctly, such as auto focus, macro (if the lens has it), time delay, focus shift (moving to different focus points on screen) etc. If all seems Ok you probably don't need to go to the expense of having the camera checked out. It is possible that it might have to go to Nikon for this. I can't see any 'spots' on your pictures so the sensor looks clean. If you did get a problem there you can get a soft brush from your camera shop to carefully brush the sensor.
If all seems well I would leave it for a while and see if any problems show up......
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I agree, don't waste money if you don't need to, just put the camera through it's paces and see that everything is working as it should. :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

So far this morning the camera 'seems' ok. It is focusing the lens but I've only been out using for a sec. The camera only dropped from the top of the end table to the floor. It was the lens that hit and broke out of the camera and then the lens hit the floor again after I stuck it back in the camera and if fell out the aperture.

I 'think' the camera is basically ok. The lens????? Hard to say what is wrong with it. All that is obvious externally is that part of the plastic ring on the base holding it into the camera broke off but inside??? It has Vibration Reduction and stuff like that so dunno if any of the inside workings have been done in or not.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Possibly a good thing that the lens had a plastic mounting ring that took the shock and broke. That could be replaced at not too much cost and would be worth considering. If the new one is exactly the same as the old then you could sell the old one after repair.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@ Grandad that is exactly what I'm thinking. There is an excellent camera store that does repairs in Seattle and on a future trip to the city I'm going to take the lens and let them give me estimates about a fix. Hopefully without too much labor they could check out the inside workings to see if all is working OK in there.

I don't think the fix of the black plastic bottom would be too difficult. There are teeny tiny screws down there so am thinking with the right equipment it would be an easy and cheap fix. IF it fixes I might just keep it for the daughter's camera (she has my old one). She hasn't shown an over amount of interest in photography but the twins and baby keep her hopping. I'm also thinking if all the equipment lasts there might be a day (granted 8 to 10 yrs into future) that one or both of the twins might be interested and no big deal if they're hard on the lens or equipment..........OR I might just sell it but ?

My new lens is a 'refurbished' one so am hoping it is as good as the original.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Above zero today. Roads are clear and passable so temperatures must've rise above zero. Going OUT! I think I've reached my limit of 'cabin fever' at 3 days :) :) :)

I find I need to go out almost every day even if it is just for a quick walk down the road. Weather was bad before I left Canada so wasn't getting out and while I'm back at what was my home and I feel comfortable being here I want to get OUT!!!

How long can you stay inside without being able to get out before you start to go a bit stir crazeeeeee?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Above zero today. Roads are clear and passable so temperatures must've rise above zero. Going OUT! I think I've reached my limit of 'cabin fever' at 3 days :) :) :)

I find I need to go out almost every day even if it is just for a quick walk down the road. Weather was bad before I left Canada so wasn't getting out and while I'm back at what was my home and I feel comfortable being here I want to get OUT!!!

How long can you stay inside without being able to get out before you start to go a bit stir crazeeeeee?
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Lovely photos LLL
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

Post by Jayway »

Cabin fever ? I cant have that, with the accidents and health hiccups that visit me, I have trained my brain to stop whinging about being stuck indoors - :lol: :lol: :lol: Before, I had an endless supply of books, now I have the computer too so I can be fully occupied. Oh and of course I am doing my "dynamic tension " exercises on the bits of me that still work !
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

It's miserable grey cloud, light rain, windy and colder so I am quite happy to take another dose of Cabin Fever. My only concession was to get a newspaper (in the car) :lol:

At least we are warm and not flooded as are so many in the south of the UK. We have had some flooding in the city near the river and in local villages but nothing like the Thames valley and Somerset Levels...
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm an easy cabin fever sufferer and find I just must get out. Now getting out doesn't mean I'm walking it simply means I'm 'getting out' and going for a short jaunt in the car to have a cuppa and read my Kindle does the trick.