What music takes you back?

Discuss your favourite forms of entertainment; games, music, dvd's, films, books, singers and songwriters, Exchange gossip about the stars and download your favourite music.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Ok this is compromise for Aussie WI and Chris, who wants some reggae ;)
Its men at Work with "Down Under"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/MeG-hNXXy6I" frameborder="0"></iframe>

Think yourselves lucky that I could not find a decent version of Banjo Paterson's "The man from Snowy River" or "Clancey of the Overflow" brilliant Aussie poetry :)

jewel

Post by jewel »

A bit of early reggae...........
<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="390"><param name="movie" value=" name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="390"></embed></object>

And some Jewish reggae....different :)
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I loved the movie Flashdance and particularly Laura Branigan and "Gloria"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/355Fk8drgZE" frameborder="0"></iframe>

This was also an inspirational song for me too by Diana Ross

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/irGH-0meo1I" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Dandy Livingstone!! I had completley forgotten !! Brilliant stuff, cheers jewel , and now of course i will be singing " everything i own" in my head all day, as Ken Booth was another blast from the past , i can remember taking a temp job when that song came out at a milling factory, the only thing that got me through the day in that awful place was the music being blasted through drowning out the awful sounds of the milling machines, i wasnt there long ;)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

I've thought of one !

Heat of the Moment - Asia

Love it ! but don't know how to put it here :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

For me the best version of "Everything I own" is this original version by Bread :) another classic over 30 yeras old and I still have the vinyl album "Best of the Bread"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-Q1kB0R4Ijs" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Here's another oldie that I like, :) it is being sung by Don Gibson, who if you look at some of the B & W pictures, has a remarkable resemblance to the actor Steven Segal. :)

"Sea of Heartbreak"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A4bo4ByFhLM" frameborder="0"></iframe>
jewel

Post by jewel »

Thats a great one H :) :D
"If you understand, things are just as they are, if you do not understand things are just as they are"
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thanks Jewel :)
Here's Mimimays choice, "Heat of the Moment" by Asia

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NfFjb3B9RRw" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Horus wrote:For me the best version of "Everything I own" is this original version by Bread :) another classic over 30 yeras old and I still have the vinyl album "Best of the bread">
I have the same original album ;)
You get out of life what you are prepared to put in!
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Christine wrote:
Horus wrote:For me the best version of "Everything I own" is this original version by Bread :) another classic over 30 yeras old and I still have the vinyl album "Best of the bread">
I have the same original album ;)
People of great taste ;)
Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

Sad Cafe ! anyone remember them ? Used to love em'
'Hungrye eyes' was my favourite and holds very very special memories. sniff !
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Here you go then Mimimay :)
Sad Cafe with "Hungry Eyes"

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jAomjlZRy7Q" frameborder="0"></iframe>
jewel

Post by jewel »

I just love the original versions of songs famous sung by others from the 20s and 30s....................
This is so cool....my girls pussy :D

better than the Elvis version :)

Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

Thank you horus, you're so good at finding all these tracks ! I'm really loving this thread :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:))) :))) :))) @ Jewels first record :P I nearly wet myself listening to the words, it's hard to believe that they didn't know what they were singing. :lol: :lol:

I am often surprised at how many modern songs are recordings of earlier 50s & 60s versions and how many of the 60s versions were updated versions of very old gramaphone recordings :) I must get a selection together and I will post it as another thread. :)

You are welcome Mimimay, glad you are enjoying the nostalgia and the memories it brings back :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Who used to sing "The biggest Aspidestra in the world?" My gran used to listen to that over and over. It was on one of the first LP records and I can still read that LP playing over and over and over......Just can't put my finger on the singer......was a woman.......(Oh my senility can be frustrating at times)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It was Gracie Fields LLL :) and did you know that she once owned the Isle of Capri in Italy :)
So here's the song your Grannie used to sing ;)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6XROMw3Z4e0" frameborder="0"></iframe>
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

YESSSSSSSS Gracie Fields. Oh good heavens I haven't heard her sing since forever. She was Grannie's favourite.
jewel

Post by jewel »

Heard this on the radio the other day and thought its a lovely song :)