Can you remember?

A light-hearted section of Jokes - Text Games - Only In Egypt Photos and Videos - Brainteasers and General Fun Stuff to while away the spare minutes of your day.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

What are you lot like? :roll: as you can see I have had to split this topic to cope with all your deviations :lol:

Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

We are not devious or deviant i will have you know sir !! We are just knocking on a bit ............. :roll: :lol:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

OK Chris, I believe you ;)
Anyway here they are:
"The man from Atlantis"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Smj78NAme9M" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And .....................
"Voyage to the bottom of the sea"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/VgbB9FyO6jQ" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And ........... there's more
"Flipper"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/azEOeTX1LqM" frameborder="0"></iframe>

And .................. Finally that bloody Kangaroo :roll:
"Skippy"
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/DCHY6n907OE" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

Ooh yes, way back when the pip pip of the sonar was the height of technological sophistication. :)
Morgita

Post by Morgita »

And yes, Flipper and Skippy morphed into a dolpharoo or a kangaphin. :lol: At least they spoke the same language :lol:
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Flambards...........no its not an expletive it was a programme, i loved the theme tune, anyone else remember it :?:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Anybody remember Jackie Gleason and the Honeymooners? "TO the MOON Alice!"

Of Clint Eastwood when he was Rowdy on Rawhide? "Rollin' rollin' rollin'....ummm tho my feet are swollen.....keep those doogies movin' RAWHIDE" With the swoosh swipe snap of the bull whip?

And what about Saturday morning shows? Roy Rogers on Trigger, Gene Autry, the Cisco Kid, Zorro, The Lone Ranger and Tonto, Sergeant Preston of the Mounties and I'll never forget AAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhahahahaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA swinging through the trees with Jane.........Tarzan!!

Now those were great Saturday morning shows!
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Yep Kimo sabi, i remember some of them but not all, now Ron Ely was tarzan in the made for TV series, and he could swing through my vines any time he wanted i can tell you :P ;)
As alot of those programmes were American( tho i do remember Zorro) more than brit, do any of you Brits remember who Ann Aston was and what programme she was involved in :?:
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

Loved the tune to Flambards also loved the double deckers anyone remember them? great tune at the time too
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

LLL, I remember all of them :lol: :lol:
Christine, wasn't she (Ann Aston) a TV girl? used to see her with various people like Bruce Forsythe? Leggy blonde haired? :P

And ............ talking of Tonto and The Lone Ranger :roll: this was one of my favourites from the 70's, the lyrics are a laugh if you listen carefully :)

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/28fBfVzFfUg" frameborder="0"></iframe>
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Ann Aston was the blonde on the " Golden shot " her side kick being Bernie the bolt, the main man so to speak i do believe was Bob Monkhouse. :)

I think the blonde you are thinking of H could have been Anthea Redfern, Brucies bit of stuff ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

No, it was the same one I was thinking about Chris, I just got the Brucie bit wrong ;) I knew it was some sort of game show, just could not think which one.
Christine
Top Member
Top Member

Post by Christine »

Anyone remember The Black and white Minstals ?? :)
denisegr

Post by denisegr »

Swannnnneeee how I loved yer how I loved yer they were great Christine.
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

Christine - it's not pc to remember them :) I just saw them as white men dressed up as black men singing and dancing - didn't see them as having any racial overtones - just as a golly wog was a black doll that you got with jam.
Mimimay

Post by Mimimay »

Oh Thanks Horus !
Where's Daktari ? :oops: :oops: :oops:
Jayway
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
Portugal

--- - - - - -

Post by Jayway »

Loved the Lone Ranger - all the cowboys, just for the horses. That was my first piece I learnt for piano - William Tell overture - quicker I played it correctly , quicker she let me out the door. She was lethal with the ruler - I can still feel it on my fingers - - :(
BillH

Post by BillH »

I was just a kid back then, and living in the Dales, we coudl only get one channel providing the wind was in the right direction and the moon was on the wane :? So telly was not really an option.

So here's the ones I remember.

Dr Who, with William Hartnell, then Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee.

Man From UNCLE. David McCullum and Robert Vaughn.

Other than that, it was cartoons, I always enjoyed those, Marine Boy was one of my favourites.. ;)

I recall the Euro stuff, like "The Flashing Blade" and Robinson Crusoe, (loved the theme tunes) as well as Belle and Sebastian..

I wondered why their mouths were not in synchronisation with what they were saying, it was my mum who had to explain to me about different languages..
In the Tree by the Brook, there's a song bird who sings, Sometimes ALL of our thoughts are misgiven..
JOJO

Post by JOJO »

Can anyone remember 'monkey'? I think that's what it was called. It was a kung-fu drama with animal/human characters.There was 'monkey', 'Pigsey' and a pale looking monk boy 'Tripitaka'.?
Bearded Brian

Post by Bearded Brian »

I remember all of those Billh - but can you remember the opening scene of Robinson Crusoe? - a sailor 'fell' off the ship - he was meant to be dead but ashe went under the water you could clearly see him swim back under the ship.

And yes Jojo it was monkey.