Me and the Pottery Studio

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Me and the Pottery Studio

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

When I was at Pottery Studio for the last session pre-Christmas like Dec 19th cause I happen to get there early and cause nobody else was there for me to talk to I opted to read in the monthly FLYER that the Seniors Not-For-Profit Society who operates there because of some new Gov't regulations (they are being forced to file & pay income tax or some such) is being dis-banded. Cause of that they had some $$ in the coffers and had asked different Senior groups if they needed anything however they never asked Pottery seniors. I guess I felt rather snubbed soooooo I took the info into the Studio when it opened told and talked to ALL the Pottery Seniors about this and we all decided WE need to talk to the Society cause the $$ available had to be applied for BY Jan 6th!! NOT lots of time to research what was wanted and to get comparison prices and do all the write up re: why do you want this? how does it benefit? who is going to use it? blah blah blah....

Anyway - I decided "I" would undertake this so went and got an application, came home and then the hardest part was researching comparative prices on Pottery supplies. Nobody at the last Session had any real ideas about what we needed so again 'I' decided for the group (but it was easy for me to decide what I really wanted)

I got 3 prices on a Banding Wheel, 2 large bead racks + wire for them and 2 small bead racks + wire for a total request of $630. Then I have to admit I did kinda forget about it until today when WOOOO HOOOO the President of the Seniors Society called me and I got approval for the $$$$!!!!! 🙂 🙂 🙂

I had to call the Pottery supplier immediately and order everything which actually came to $629.56 as the Society needs an INVOICE asap as January 19th is their absolute drop dead last day to write a cheque soooooo all in the works and now we've got sufficient racks & wires etc for an entire beading component to the Pottery studio 🙂 🙂 🙂

I can feel the creative juices flowing and I'm more than please with myself for doing this too.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Me and the Pottery Studio

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Good for you, LLL!
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Marvellous! I bet the feeling of achievement is as great as pleasure in having the new equipment.
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Well done LLL :up Invariably it needs someone to take on a challenge or it will be lost. I hope fellow 'potters' will appreciate your prompt action. :up
:gg: