An Escape

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

An Escape

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yesterday the news on the Island was that an EMU escape and was running about the roads. RCMP chased it and closed the main Highway and chased the bird some more then it got aggressive with them! Finally they TAZED it as a means of capture.
Screen_Shot_2019-08-14_at_11.10.47_AM[1].jpg
The Article:

A Chemainus emu that got loose and went for a run on a busy road seems to be recovering, after police tasered him.

The emu, named Parker, got loose Tuesday morning before sustaining 50 thousand volts from an RCMP conducted energy weapon — luckily he didn’t end up as a roasted bird.

“I thought it was hilarious. I started laughing. I thought to got to be kidding,” said Lynda Dyke, a Chemainus resident now caring for Parker until the bird’s owner returns home.

Yesterday morning a police officer was driving down Chemainus road when he came across Parker.

“It was causing a little bit of traffic chaos to passing motorists so the officer and other responding officers decided to block traffic in both directions,” said Cst. Amron Christensen of Duncan/North Cowichan RCMP.

A neighbour who came across the scene, and knows Parker, suspects the Chemainus emu just wanted to be as free as a bird.

“Must have jumped over a fence. It’s breeding season so they’re all excited,” said Jim Dyke.

“And I realized it was an emu and I was like what is going on around here?” said Ashley Tiefert, who shot video of police following the emu.

safe_image[1].jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: An Escape

Post by Grandad »

It all seems to happen on your island LLL ;) ;)
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

:lol: :lol: I was just thinking the same Grandad, never a dull moment at LLL's house :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

There are actually lots of eccentric people (but NOT me) living on the Island. Truly we have a super duper bunch of people who are able and capable of doing almost anything. I had no idea anybody was raising Emus and once one escapes how do you catch it again. Not sure I'd of ever thought of using a tazer on it but I guess it worked.