Yes I am saying the "F" word ..... kinda

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Yes I am saying the "F" word ..... kinda

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Second night of holiday in Quebec City the daughter and I decided to go out for dinner. In the City there are definite neighbourhoods and her area has an excellent Restaurant called "Le Fin Gourmet"

https://www.google.com/search?channel=t ... 08&bih=688

We made reservations for 8pm which did seem late to me however nobody there eats 'early' so off we walk at 8pm. We get sat down and ask about the daily special. Waiter handed us the menus, looked directly at us and announced the le plat du jour (daily special) is "F**k"

My french is decent given I had to study it through to the end of first year University (was just those times in Canada) and I easily understood most of what was being said but to have it announced the meal special of the day was "F**k" definitely caused me to raise an eyebrow.

The daughter started to giggle - rather loudly - and with her hand up hiding her mouth she said something to the Waiter who had recognized her as a semi-regular - that her Mom is "Anglaise" at which time he broke into a huge laugh. Looking at me he then said in broken English 'le especial of today Madam is seal' and then explained it was 50/50 seal meat and ground pork made into a "delicieuse" hamburger with fries.

OK OK OK - the word for "seal" in french is "Phoque" pronounced just like we'd say the "F" word. I'm not sure I'd ever ever even learned the word for seal meat but "phoque" it is.......

None the less I ordered "Canard" (duck) on a bed of quinoa with fresh cream and morrell mushroom which were absolutely delicious.
DSCN0279.JPG
I don't now remember what the daughter had but it was a seafood platter.

attachment=0]DSCN0280.JPG[/attachment]
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Yes I am saying the "F" word ..... kinda

Post by Horus »

Looks like you had a Phoque-ing good time. :lol: :lol:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yes and the duck was Phoque-ing delicious too! ;)

I have had seal meat eons ago but it is really greasy. Not much taste but a really greasy meat so I'm not too sure why they'd be mixing it with ground pork to turn it into a hamburger type meal.

All the stores there had more mushroom types to pick through than I've ever seen. There was even a special on the menu - an "all you can eat" deal that they'd bring you all the mushrooms you could eat. Was tempting but I prudently declined ;)
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I think I would like the word 'phoque' in place of 'f**k'. 😊 I find the 'f' word course with the emphasis on the 'U'. The 'P' word is softer with emphasis on the 'O' so I will adopt that option in future. Not too many French speakers around here except my daughter in law, so I will "phoque off and get on with my day" 😀😀
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

You folks are have Phoque-ing laff...............aren't you ;) :lol: :lol: :lol: