Oh noooo - Almost Forgot

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Oh noooo - Almost Forgot

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Oh goodness. Just dawned on me today I have LESS than two weeks to come up with a Birthday gift for the Granddaughter. I missed the twins birthday and was totally fixated on having their birthday party here and whilst I know the Granddaughters is coming up in 2 weeks it didn't really penetrate the grey matter that that date is like SOON!

What to get? What would appeal to a soon to be 6 year old? At Christmas I got her a knitting loom and she likes that as she is very into crafts and making things. Guess I need to get out there and cruise the stores to see what I can find.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Oh noooo - Almost Forgot

Post by Grandad »

Apart from Louis, now 10, we don't have that problem any more LLL.
Our other grand kids range from 21 to 25, all have their lives pretty well sorted and so a greetings card in the post is where we are at.
Of the five, three are buying their own homes, the eldest is living with his partner in Norwich, and one is still at home. She was 22 on Friday and to celebrate with friends they went to London on Thursday evening to some venue then taxi home at 4am. Last evening she and a friend and their boyfriends went back to London to a smart restaurant for more celebration. They all have their own cars, mostly new, so what can you give young people these days? They seem to have it all...
How life has changed in the 50 or 60 years since we were their ages. We would borrow my fathers or my wifes fathers car to go to a Saturday dance in a local town. Trips to London were a special event. :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Oh noooo - Almost Forgot

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't believe I've ever had a birthday party myself. They just didn't happen when I was a child other than to have my Grandparents for supper (they came once a week every week anyway) and call it 'special' for me or my brother as it was our birthday. We were pretty poor so anything as frivolous as a birthday wasn't happening. Our birthdays were acknowledged and everybody would sing the song and then we'd play a game or work on a puzzle but that was about it. It was considered a special evening.

For my daughters it was different and getting a birthday cake and presents was the norm however as I never really celebrated mine they often forget it now (maybe need to remind them :P ) but I find the Grandkids birthdays to be the social event of the year! And they're fun. I enjoy seeing them getting excited about their up-coming event and it is fun to me to watch the excitement build over anticipation for a special gift. Nor are they shy about letting everybody know exactly what they'd like to get. For the twins it was kits they could dig dinosaur bones out off.

I actually yesterday bought the Granddaughter a craft kit whereby she gets to make a pillow which when finished will be the face of a cat. I think she'll like it as crafts are now her life. Soon I'm going to introduce her to 'how to knit' with knitting needles. I found a short set at the Thrift Shop a while ago and I think she will be keen to learn.