Festival Night

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Festival Night

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Every Sunday this Resort has Mexican Fiesta Night. The entire Resort is invited and everybody is sat in groups of 8 or so around tables. I sat next to a very nice couple from Boston, MA on one side and then another groups of 4 from Sacramento California and across the table from a couple celebrating 1 year retirement from Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada. Being we're all in the approximately same age bracket usually lots to talk about.

Hall is decorated with introductory Margeurita drinks.

Lots of desserts always set out and all is Buffet style so the tendency to overeat is always there and encouraged.

First cold course of salads (couldn't take the hot food section as the hall is just too big and everything is in big silver containers)

Mariachi band comes in and takes requests during dinner then there is an Announcer who calls on the kids (only 5) and does a couple games on stage with them and then the kids basically exit during a brief intermission prior to local dance groups come in doing traditional dances from different regions of Mexico. Quite a pleasant evening.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Festival Night

Post by Grandad »

Sounds like a great evening LLL........but not too good on the waistline :lol :lol:
How much longer have you got at the condo? We have still no heard from Kiya
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Six more days and I'm outta here and moving back to the hotel for a week.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Actually it was easy to take photos of the desserts cause I went into the room early but I don't really eat them. The carrot cake (all the strawberry slices on it) is the driest cake I've ever eaten and lots of the other desserts are sprinkled with plain white sugar. Not sure why but it doesn't really add to the flavour just the sweetness. I really don't like Mexican desserts.

As for the food - I love the salmon and usually the steak & chicken is melt in your mouth but there is a big tendency to sprinkle white cheese on everything so everything I order is "no queso" (no cheese).

I don't believe Mexican people really drink tea either as trying to get a cup of plain hot black tea with milk to pour into it is difficult. There is no such thing as a tea pot and almost all the tea cups are tiny so, at best, you get to dangle a tea bag in the cup. Getting COLD milk to pour into your tea is equally difficult because unless you specify "leche fria" (milk cold) you'll get a full brimming cup of hot steamed milk. Course it is almost daily that I also get a but glass glass of cold milk....

The coffee is strong and always comes with quite a foam on it. Not sure how it is made to get the foam but it is there. I don't mind it. It is ok in the morning but strong.