Hawk Eye on the Job

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Hawk Eye on the Job

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lots of little birds everywhere and pidgeons which makes outside dining here a bit annoying as the birds are everywhere and ever ready to grab the slightest crumb that hits the floor. The more daring birds will do fly bys of the outdoor buffets and grab food right from your plate unless you essentially hovering and flapping them away.

Last year there was a fellow with a falcon however this year this fellow is keeping a hawk eye out on the resort.

This is his handler and walks him around the Resort from morning 'til dusk letting him fly here and there and sit and watch and nary a bird is in sight!

I think part of the idea is that all the other birds come to know that this area is Hawk Territory and so just give up trying to snag food from tables and prefer to go live elsewhere. Haven't seen a pidgeon so far this year.

The fellow who is the Keeper said the resort does have 3 cats and he always has to watch for them when releasing the Hawk as it might just decide to attack them. Likewise he always watches down on the beach when people are walking their little dogs in the area as the Hawk could likewise decide to attack them too.

Small bell is attacked to one leg so you can usually hear the jingle as the bird flies. Nice to watch.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Hawk Eye on the Job

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LLL, your photos and explanations just get better and better! :up
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Hawk Eye on the Job

Post by Mad Dilys »

Indeed they do Ruby, indeed thy do. Thank you LLL.
Smile! It confuses people