What AM I doing Today in the World?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What AM I doing Today in the World?

Post by Horus »

The hope is that people can and will kick back, the runaway success of the 'Brexit Party' in the UK is a good example. They gained more seats for the European MEP elections than any other party and will no doubt cause problems within the EU, something they do not want. They were only formed a couple of months ago, people are sick of the way the old parties have ignored the majority who voted to leave the EU. Mind you the old Labour and Tory parties are still trying to delude themselves that the results meant something different, they will see the reallity when we next have a General Election, both main parties will face a real drubbing and not before time. I am a big fan of Bob Dylans songs, I find them very prophetic especially this verse from 'The times they are a changin'

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don't stand in the doorway
Don't block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There's a battle outside
And it is ragin'.
It'll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin'.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Later today I will be calling in on my son-in-law to give him his Birthday present a little early. After many years he has just taken up fishing again and due to his work schedule he can only go on a Saturday. He is going this weekend and is quite excited at the prospect especially as my daughter bought him a full package of most of what he needs, he will aquire the rest in an 'as and when' fashion as most hobbyist do. I knew he did not have a 'Match Rod' for float and competition fishing and it was his next desirable item, so as a surprise I have bought him one. :up As I used to go fishing myself I am pretty clued up on what he may be wanting (I hope :P ) so I have chosen what I think will be a suitable rod that he will like. It is not his Birthday until the 11th but I cannot leave the poor lad sitting with his present and unable to use it for another week, :lol: so I will let him have it today and he can use it this weekend. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@H - an early present, especially if applicable to an occasion, is a good thing.

What type of fishing does he do? Salt or fresh water? Fly fishing or hook & bobber?

I haven't been out fishing forever but used to enjoy it. I was never good at fly fishing but quite like the 'flies' and it takes real talent to make good ones. I'm also quite fascinated with fishing lures. Some are real works of art and I think the making of fishing lures is as wonderful a hobby as actually going out there to fish.

We have huge stores here that have row upon row of fishing lures and all manner of fishing equipment from rods to lines to sinkers & bobbers.

Today I'm personally out there driving the Community Policing Van about. First shift as a driver so, of course, the weather looks totally overcast and grim. None the less I'll be out there :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Special RCMP officer LLL out on patrol! :sl: Sh1t Rats beware. :lol:

The kind of fishing he does is what we call 'Course' fishing here, it is all freshwater and the usuall stuff would be, Bream, Carp, Pike, Roach, Perch, Gudgeon, Dace, Chub, Grayling and others. My daughter just text me to say he is well chuffed with his new rod and says he will have to buy a new reel to go with it as it's very smart, hope that's not a hint. :D
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

THAT is a HINT H! ;) ;) and Geez - freshwater-wise you guy have an excellent source of fish to fish - WOW!

Mostly in our lakes we have trout - speckled, brown, rainbow, brook and on and on......but ALL trout. We get the excitement of fishing going out onto the salt water (aka the chuck or salt chuck) in hope of catching a salmon (if trolling) or cod or halibut if jigging. Unfortunately each type of fishing requires different gear and given the $$ of GOOD equipment you actually have to have a serious hobby to make fishing worthwhile.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Forgot to say we also have Rainbow and Brown Trout plus Salmon in many of our rivers plus all of the fish I mentioned earlier.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Did my first shift this afternoon driving the RCMP Community Policing van. My partner was a nice fellow who hails from south London with a family homestead in a tiny village near Hailsham (S. Sussex) where he said he can trace his family back 9 generations to the same house. At our break he showed me a photo of his Yorkshire Terrier dog named "Cricket" (after the game). We had a relatively uneventful shift although something in the downtown core was happening as two of the RCMP helicopters took off from the downtown core and several of the cruisers were going around with their lights flashing. Not sure what was up but we saw no action (which is probably a very good thing).
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Last week at the Pottery studio for the first time ever somebody had obviously touched my greenware as I found 14 or so pieces broken and upside down. Put it down to an 'ahh well' however yesterday I had a bowl broken (crushed in half) that I'd worked on for a couple hours. Again put it down to end of the year crush and rush but not happy about it. I then heard that after 35 yrs 'old Bob' the janitor had retired and we now have a new Janitoress soooo am wondering. Granted 'old Bob' was super ancient and I doubt able to even reach high enough to touch what I've put on the top shelf (which is where I keep my stuff so hardly anybody can reach it to touch or move it) but am now wondering if the new Janitor lady is trying to be efficient. Just my gripe re: my pottery.

Light rain today. Heading over to the daughter's house for a cuppa this morning and chat then will be heading home to see what there is to do to amuse me here.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

@LovelyLadyLux
LLL, I think you need to borrow my trail camera and surreptitiously conceal it somewhere. ;) ;)
:gg:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I am on my 'Grumpy old man' hobby horse today. We have a student house of 5 students right next door. They will all leave in a weeks time at the end of their year. We have ajoining rear garden gates and yesterday theirs was open. I think they all smoke but not in the house. As a consequence they go outside their back door to smoke. One of them has put a bowl down for the butt ends. This is now full and for ages they have just been throwing their 'butts' on the floor. It is their business what they do but they have been a really nice group causing us no problems with noise or bad behavior BUT there is a garbage bin within arms reach of where they smoke so why don't they use it.
P1010779.JPG
There are times when I can't understand the young people of today. :(
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I think the words you are looking for is "bone idle" Grandad. :x

My whinge for the day is that I booked online (so I could make an appointment) at a well known tyre company, in their ordering process you can choose a time to which they agree, mine was this morning at 11 am. So I phone early to make sure the tyres have arrived in stock and told that they have, later I arrived at the garage at around 10.55. First off I struggled to find a space to park up it was so busy, "leave your keys at the desk and wait in the waiting room" I was told. It was a very small room with no seats left, a boring video about tyres on a constant loop and no machine for getting a tea or coffee, all the time people were ringing up and so diverting one of the guys off the job he was trying to do, while people just seemed to be turning up such as bussiness vehicles which may or may not have been opportunistic puncture repairs, result ...... 2 hours before I drove out again, I wont be going there on a Saturday again. The real annoyance is that I could go ANYTIME, why did they give me a Saturday when they are inundated? :st
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I cannot in any way shape or form abide having to sit and just wait. Don't like it, don't do it if I can at all possibly avoid so I'm always asking re: wait times. Personally I get up at 3am to make the 5:15am Ferry (arriving 4am at the Ferry) so as to avoid lineups and waits especially if I just have to sit idle. I'll wait an extra couple of days to get the first appointment time in the morning. Hate it when you're given a time and they nothing moves and you sit and sit and sit.

Today am grabbing some groceries, hitting the bank and generally just cruising about.

Tomorrow am up for a pub breakfast with a gf & her husband at an old Pub (Black Bear - which is maybe kinda applicable given our bear issues right now) that last year went under new owners who did a remodel and have just started offering Sunday morning breakfasts. Will have to go and see it however it'll have to go a long stretch to beat out the Pub I usually go to.

In the afternoon it'll be the Granddaughter's Dance Recital which will kinda end her year of dancing.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Funny sort of day so far, first of all I found a hat full of money outside a shop, then I got chased by a scruffy angry guy with a guitar. :tk
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Today I sit here alternating between thankfulness and anger. Anger against the stupid woman who thought she was too good to sit in a traffic queue, so pulled out and knocked my husband into the lane of oncoming cars, and thankfulness that I'm not a widow this morning! :xx
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

My earlier post must have gone missing, I had asked what had happened, was he crossing the road or getting out of the car? Either way it sounds like a lucky escape.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Horus, he was driving! He was on the outside lane and she was on the inside lane when she suddenly pulled out and smacked my husband into the lane for oncoming cars! The car is a write-off unfortunately, so now begins all the rigmarole of searching for a new one! Our car was a Ford Focus estate in immaculate condition but she had a 4 X 4. Fortunately, there were witnesses so she couldn't put the blame on DH, but it's still going to be a PITA finding another car which DH considers worth the money.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Oh dear! you have my sympathies, no wonder you are annoyed. I have to say that is one of the reasons I recently fitted dash cams front and rear in my own car, there are just too many idiots on the road. Glad your hubby is OK and good luck with finding the new car.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@RS - Wow that must have been some smack if she managed to push your car into traffic and if your car is now a write off. Hopefully your Husband is not hurt of injured but sometimes you have to wait 'til next day for your own injuries/sprains/strains to show up. I also sympathize re: having to search out another vehicle. Total pain to have to do that and the time it takes and the inconvenience in between can be bad. Best of luck with the entire process.

@H - you were chased by a guy with a guitar????

For me sun it out today and I'm doing a 2 hour Volunteer shift with Community Policing.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

@H - you were chased by a guy with a guitar????
Yes! I think he may have been a busker ;) :D
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

R S glad to hear hubby is ok :) and Good Luck searching for a new car :)