Sayulita

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Sayulita

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sayulita is a small town on the west coast of Mexico north of Nuevo Vallarta. World class surfing when the waves are in. Took the bus and got dropped in the middle of town which was designed something like a wagon wheel. It is a tourist destination and the town square and streets were full of people driving electric golf carts. They needed to as the old cobble streets were pretty narrow and it would be quite difficult for two normal sized cars to pass. Streets so small and narrow there was virtually no passing. The bus stopped in the middle of the street and said he'd be back in two hours just stopped there so everybody better be ready to scramble back on fast!

All the streets in the downtown were decorated with flags. Quite a pretty effect although the flags over the church were white. Unfortunately the church was not open (was hoping to see the inside as typically Mexican churches are gorgeous)

This was a Huichol man making traditional bead art. As an aside there is going to be an Art Show of Huichol Art tomorrow I'm going to go to. It is really beautiful work made with seed beads. Vibrant colours and designs.

Sayulita beach

Photos of the streets as I walked around

Couple of street vendors standing in the town square when I was waiting to catch the bus back to the hotel

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Sayulita

Post by Mad Dilys »

Very enticing! I love the picture of the church. Well done as usual LLL really get the feeling of the place. :up
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

What lovely colourful pictures LLL. Really really nice and thanks for adding some colour to the forum. :up
The first two pictures in particular caught my eye........could be water colour paintings. :up
:gg:
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

LLL thanks for sharing your lovely colourful photos, the church looks really quaint , pity it

wasn't open at the time :)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LLL, I know you've posted photos before on your previous trips but these seem to be catching and holding my attention so much more! Well done you! Keep 'Em coming, girl! :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LLL, your pictures certainly add some colour to a very gloomy day here, at least in the south east UK. :(
How about food, what are you eating. I like spicy food, not too hot, and I guess I would find plenty to satisfy me where you are?
You seem to get around with no problems. Do you speak some Spanish? Or is English widely spoken.
I am turning the tables here and asking the questions that you would ask when other members are away on holiday ;) :lol:
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Beautiful photos LLL.
Love the dream catchers and the bead art especially the little turtles.
Mexico i've never been to and never particularly fancied it but looking at those photos you have wet my appetite.
Hurghadapat
United Kingdom

Post by Hurghadapat »

Just googled it and found this....... so within easy reach of the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2015 ... er-flights
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Thanks for the link, HurghadaPat! Like you, Mexico was under the radar for me, but now.......! Mmm! Maybe?
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Yes, thanks Pat for the link. But do I want to do an 11 hour flight at my age? I wouldn't go that far for just 7 nights and as they only have one weekly flight it is either 7 or 14 nights. We do like a 10 night break so we will have to think about that. Thomsons are only using hotels at Puerto Vallarta and I must say that LLL's report from Sayulita makes that place sound appealing.
We will have to sleep on it I think....