Finally Happened

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Finally Happened

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I know I'm always on about bears and cougars as they're all around here. Sadly unfortunately for the cougar a young boy was out walking with his parents and was attacked. Dad was able to fight it off and the child is now in hospital. No word on seriousness. Now RCMP are going door to door to alert people to not go walking.

I really hope the child is ok and I really hope we don't have a rogue cougar who is either old or sick or young and starving.

I only have a couple of your personal emails so sent the recent photo of a bear in a neighbours garage out to a few of you via email cause I couldn't copy the photos to on here (E4U). Should say IF you'd care to give me your emails I do email out jokes & other odds n ends tidbits that I can't post to here :) :) I had a couple more emails too (like I think I always had KIYA but this new laptop ate some of my email list as when the stuff got transferred over (not by me) it just disappeared and I didn't even realize it 'til I tried to send something and it was gone.

Anyway - cougars & bears have always been here and everybody gets well versed in how to ward them off but sometimes an attack is so fast you don't even see it. Daily in this area on our neighbourhood website I get daily alerts of missing cats. People seem to always be baffled as to why fluffy went out to pee and then disappeared!! They spend weeks looking and searching but never find their pet.

Hope all is ok with the child. Definitely hope there are no long last injuries too.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Finally Happened

Post by Mad Dilys »

I'm so sorry to hear about this LLL, sorry on all counts - the boy's injury, the fate of the animal and the fact that man will continue to build houses in inappropriate places. ie without adequate security for the inhabitants who are then surprised when disaster occurs.

Homes are built in places that flood, are subject to earthquake, typhoons and all sorts of natural disaster. :(
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Given the RCMP are now going door to door this is going to panic everybody and so unfortunate all 'round. I can now see anybody with a hunting rifle out there taking pot shots at anything that moves in the bush out of fear it is a cougar.

I've lived here forever and walked everywhere over the years by myself without fear. I have seen bears but they usually run and I slow turn and walk in the other direction. Kids are given all sorts of "this is what you do if you see a cougar or bear" but ?? an attack can be so fast.

Hopefully this doesn't start a panic and I really fear for all the other cougar out there minding their own business as, am sure, there are going to mega cougar traps put out and Conservation will up efforts to shoot the culprit.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

A friend of mine had a cougar cub which he brought up indoors. It used to balance on the top of the kitchen door quite comfortably - liked to be higher than every one else. Stunningly beautiful animal.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Local news just released that the child attacked was 2 yrs old. That was so so so very very lucky that dad was able to fight the cougar off. Almost anybody's worst nightmare but these cats are very wild, are losing their fear and all other game is disappearing so grabbing a little child what will happen.