Baby Its Cold Outside

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Baby Its Cold Outside

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I don't know if this has hit the news in your area of the world but this old old song is under total attack by the PC crowd here.

phpBB [video]

It is called "Baby it is Cold Outside" and apparently celebrates date rape and who knows what all else. People are suddenly fainting due to the graphic obscene nature of this song.

Soon as I personally think some of this PC stuff is subsiding and we're moving back to a more tolerant times THIS surfaces and takes over all news media, FB and anywhere it can rear its ugly head. I knew the tune and melody but as this song has never been a favourite I doubt I could have said all the words but this year Radio Stations have been sanctioned for playing it, requests made to have it pulled off the shelf and destroyed!

It seems more and more the PC crowd are searching and seeking out the nit noid minutia to then scream bloody hell about. NOT that they're complaining at all about RAP Music that openly screams violence, beatings, mutilations, rape, beastiality and everything else .......

phpBB [video]

Am starting to wonder WHERE are all the normal regular people to snuff out all this stuff from the past? And I hardly doubt this song was written decades ago to celebrate date rape.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Baby Its Cold Outside

Post by Grandad »

How times have changed. :(
I remember that song well, and the words. It was never regarded as anything more than a saucy song about a guy (or girl) trying to persuade there partner to spend the night together. It is portrayed in a light hearted manner with no suggestion of forceful restraint.

What I would say is that it was written in 'a different time' and sadly events of that time do not 'fit' with todays 'time'. So maybe I can understand where the PC chronies are coming from but it is about time they 'got a life' :xx
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Baby Its Cold Outside

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It definitely is a time when they all need to "get a life" and stop searching out (and I DO MEAN searching out) old songs/books/articles/happenings from the past and trying to FIT them into the world of today.

I agree this was a saucy song reflect NORMAL for the time men & women interactions.

What I disagree strongly with is that this song has to be abolish to the point of nullifying it from ever being played again. We can't change the past. The times were different and need to be accepted as such.

That a group wants to seek and destroy past things like this is terrible but it is on all the news here and definitely churning much debate. I'm also partially blaming the news media for giving all these groups so much attention as it is simply spurring them on to FIND more.