Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Granted "Black Friday" is a typically USA happening but it has caught on here along with cyber Monday.

Anybody get any decent bargains? I bought two 3" thick gel foam mattress covers for the two beds the twins use here on a steal of a deal for $33 each down from $100 each. I also picked up 3 solar lights (55 LEDS each) that are movement sensitive for outside.

The newspaper kids was wearing a hernia belt when they delivered the local newspaper last Thursday as, am sure, every business going around here put out a 10 page flyer featuring everything. Always lots of electronics advertised and while I had a look see through all the adverts I really didn't see much of anything I needed or wanted.

Anybody else get any good deals on Black Friday or looking to get tomorrow on Cyber Monday?

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Post by Grandad »

Both my son's bought new TV's. Both are OLEDs, list prices £1600 and £1700, bought for £1100 and £1200 respectively. :up

I had to buy a new kettle but it was not a Black Friday offer :(
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

That seems a pretty substantial savings on the TVs. When I was in the grocery store I overhead two of the young men putting out the veggies asking each other IF they were going to purchase one of the TVs brought into the store. I have no idea the brand/make/model but they were asking each other IF they were going to buy a 32" for $100 (which would be cheap but again no idea what brand etc)

About 4 or 5 months ago I bought an "Instapot." Somehow I'd acquired 2 slow cookers and one of them gave up the ghost. The daughter has an Instapot and has been swearing by it so I researched them on Amazon and was able to get one for $99. Othere places were listing them in the $129 range so I was happy enough with saving $30. Course they came "on sale" on Black Friday for $49!!!

In the Instapot the daughter is cooking everything. Me - I'm mostly pressure cooking bones to make soup stock (come out like jelly once cooled) as my old stove top pressure cooker pot with the rocker on the lid WILL crack the glass top of the stove. Daughter found this out the hard way so mostly I've been slow cooking bones for broth.

I also saw 7" Kindles on sale for $29!! Was tempted to buy another one but how many does one person need in a lifetime? I even saw Alexas on sale for $19. The twins talk with the one I have here which now lives in my bedroom as periodically the TV would wake it up to answer a question.

Seems there were a few really good bargains out there but I limited me to just a couple of purchases.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I think this morning when I turned on the laptop I had a record breaking number of emails from probably any site or store or anywhere that I've ever so much as hovered a mouse to close to advertising their products! I should have counted before I just deleted as I scrolled down the row but "wow" I think I got an email notice of anything that was on sale in all of Canada.

Course it is all "delete" and then the second delete but cyber Monday is definitely in full force here.