Legal canabis

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Legal canabis

Post by Grandad »

So Canada is only the second country to make the sale of canabis legal for personal use. How is that being received at home LLL?
Does good old Justin take part with the odd spliff?

:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Legal canabis

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Cannabis aka BC Bud has always been prolifically around here. People have long grown it (usually under the Hydro lines) and it definitely does grow like a weed here.

I have rental units and in my own Addendum to the rental agreement I've long had: NO smoking, no marijuana, no growing etc anywhere on the property. Since I've always had that as a condition of rent I can maintain it. It stinks and if allowed inside you can find yourself on the receiving end of a hefty bill to get it removed out of the walls & air.

I don't like the stuff at all - course this comes from somebody (me) who has never so much as smoked a cigarette let alone a joint of marijuana however I have also seen the effects of somebody addicted to THC and they just go go go after it and IMO it is a gateway drug to the harder stuff.

All that being said - IF there are medications (Pills) or oils that can be medically derived from it and prescribed to alleviate medical problems that is a good thing and I do support this. Nor has it ever bother me to hold investments/stock in this and "thank you to all" I am doing extremely well in this area.

I'm more than sure our illustrious Leader is & has sampled.

From a few friends I've heard that as of this morning you can smell this in the air in the shopping mall and most who I know oppose that it is now legal.

I'm sure though that those who partake as dancing in the streets. Legalizing this has definitely put our country on a different map.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is a cut and paste article re: Online Sale of Pot in Winnipeg

Pot sells out online in Winnipeg, lineups grow outside stores

Customers looking to buy pot online at one retailer in Winnipeg were out of luck as of early last night – but more is on the way Wednesday morning.

Winnipeg cannabis store, Delta 9, showed on its website at 4 a.m. Wednesday that marijuana products were completely sold out.

One would-be pot customer told Global News they tried to purchase pot at 12:01 a.m. from the business but found most strains were sold out already.

The store had 100 orders in the first minute, said Gary Symons, Delta 9’s communications director, and they sold $50,000 worth of product in the first hour.

“The sales have just been going and going. We were sold out of all online product, the 20 per cent we set aside, by 4 a.m,” Symons said. “We have set aside a large quantity of cannabis for Manitoba but I think even our expectations were outdone by what happened.”

They hope to have more product available for sale on the website at about 8:30 a.m., said Symons.

In the meantime, the store has 110,000 grams of cannabis available for sale at their storefront and was already ordering more on Wednesday afternoon.

“We had about $1.7 million worth of inventory to get us through what we’re hoping is at least the first week or two before we can restock,” CEO John Arbuthnot said. “I was on the phone with out inventory guys at 2:45 a.m. and they are putting in more purchases… we are going to do the best we can to fill the pipeline and keep it filled.”

Delta 9’s partnering delivery service, Pineapple Express, shows on its website delays of several hours to have cannabis products delivered in Winnipeg.

Symons said the delivery service will start at 1 p.m. and he’s hoping everyone will get their product today.

Molly Karp over at Tokyo Smoke said the store doesn’t have all the product they were hoping for in yet.

“We have different cannabis strains ranging from than $9 to that $16 range. But in the coming months here, we’re really hoping to get a lot more in just as everything kind of ramps up here.”

Lacy Norton, VP of retail for Tokyo Smoke said they hope to have about 150 different types of product eventually, and said the lowest priced cannabis in store at the moment is $7.

“The team is set and ready. We have been preparing for quite a few months now,” she told 680 CJOB Wednesday morning.

“We do have a lot of product cards up. We’ve placed orders for all of the product that is on display currently, we’re just waiting for those orders to get shipped and arrive in store.”

URL: https://globalnews.ca/news/4562871/pot- ... sVPRjl_lz8
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This is another cut and paste from the TV News that has an online component. Price is in Canadian dollars:

How much will it cost?

Here are some of the prices you can expect to pay for different legal pot items:

For dried flower, prices range from $6.99/gram to $13.99/gram.
Oils​ will be sold in 15, 20 and 30 millilitre bottles, with prices ranging from $20.99 to $139.99 (for a multipack).
Capsules will be available in packages of 30 for $34.99.
Pre-rolls range from $4.20 to $54.99 depending on half-gram, full-gram or multi-pack option.
Bongs are listed on the online site for $54.99 and $74.99.
[/b]
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm actually quite against the legalization of cannabis for recreational use although I am very pro- the development of anything medicinal that is prescribed by a doctor that may help or alleviate suffering however the running to a store to purchase a substance to "get high" just leaves me shaking my head.

It is reported on the TV News now that although the stores opened they very quickly sold out of product! It was then reported that the quality of the product now legalized is not as good as what you're getting on the Black Market meaning most people are not going to return to the store to buy.

I'm also being inundated with new TV advertisements (which I get when I watch the TV News) warning not to 'toke up' and drive and/or do not drink and drive complete with talking cigarette images, images of young people smoking a joint and or exhaling smoke .... UGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Kinda all makes me wonder how many new lung cancers will come out of this. Apparently you can now smell the stink of cannabis in the Malls even though they're supposedly smoke free zones.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

That's one awful side effect, it stinks! :stp