What is going on?

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

What is going on?

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This weekend alone we had a pack of wolves attack a dog being walked on the beach with its owner, a bear go into a cottage while there was a child inside, another bear walked up to some tourists walking through a park and yet another attacked another dog being walked. Two cougars (2 so had to still be young) attacked and mauled a child....plus mutilated skunks are turning up .........seems the wild kingdom is going a bit bizarre!

I realize bears are active this time of year cause they're chowing down on anything and everything to put on weight for their up-coming winter hibernation. There is one somewhere around here in my immediate neighbourhood eating all the blackberries.

Just seems lots of weekend wild kingdom activity this weekend with the animals being portrayed as being bold(er) than usual.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: What is going on?

Post by Horus »

Carry a gun ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Am thinking on it. We always get, from time to time, issues with a particular wild animal but it seems this past weekend all h*ll has broken loose.
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

That is really worrying for you :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We do have a bear hanging about here who keeps popping his head up. Probably a young bear and he is in close to eat all the berries and/or raid any fruit trees that haven't been picked. We actually have bylaws here that require all fruit be picked off your fruit tree fast so as to not lure in the bears. They actually do not pick fruit they actually break down the branches and then eat what they've crunched down to the ground. Sadly if this bear here keeps hanging about Conservation will shoot it as a bear can't be re-located. Even if you do move them no matter how far they're like homing pidgeons and sooner or later they'll be back.

It is more worrying that a pack of wolves attacked a dog being walked on the beach by a human. That would have been terrifying to have been rushed by a pack of wolves who are very organized in their attack. They also must have been super hungry to do that as normally they are rarely if ever seen. Occasionally there are stories of a lone logger being chased up a tree for a day by a pack of wolves but this is a serious attack and I'm not sure how Conservation will deal with it. Try and trap the entire pack? or ??

And cougars - for two of them to have come into a yard and attack a child - well they're again unfortunately going to be gone.

My theory is that we allowed the rabbit population to get right out of control and then they were hit by a disease and died off in massive numbers. I'm sure because they've been gone now for a while it is bringing more and more predators in which is very unfortunate because soon as they actually do get close to us that brings about their demise.