New First

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

New First

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Right now we have 600 wild fires blazing in the Province making our air quality the WORST on Earth right now.

Even though there is a slight breeze the mountains are obscured with what appears a heavy fog 'cept it is smoke. Looking out back is just grey with smoke in the air. Can just feel the lung cancer cells starting to clap their hands with glee........breathing around here is becoming difficult.

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: New First

Post by Mad Dilys »

Such is Paradise I think. One looks at the beautiful wild places and at first cannot imagine what would destroy them so quickly and completely. Usually it's humanity.

None the less I feel for the anguish of those living on your island and in similar places I really do, it's a terrible thing in so many ways.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Most of the wild fires going here now have been started by lightening strike but not all. Today the smoke is thicker and there is a grey pall covering everything.

Lots of air quality advisories going right now even with the add on that heavy smoke like this can cause exhaustion and confusion.

Temperature is also escalating and is already 30C or 86F today. Course the smoke is so thick the sun isn't coming through ...... not sure if that is a good or bad thing.....
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Get the gas masks out LLL ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Today because of the smoke it was announced that today all of us here smoked the equivalent of 8 cigarettes. Lots of other alerts saying stay inside, don't go out and definitely do not do any anything physical outside. Air quality is dismal.

The good news is it is predicted that tomorrow will be 10 degrees cooler than today and it we should be getting rain. The bad news is is that rain also bring lightening strikes so could be the start of more fires.

This is what it looks like out back. It is really hot but you can just see the glow of the sun through the smoke.

Smells like burning garbage everywhere.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Wow that is a lot of smoke in the air :o
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

WoW ! that does not look good :o
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Weather has been like this for close to a week now. Starting to feel like I'm living in a post-apocalyptic world or something however this morning, right now - we're a tad better as a low pressure front is moving in so keeping fingers crossed that being able to breath isn't/doesn't become a labour of love. Forecast is also calling for precipitation by this weekend but nothing is stated exactly.