3:17am and I'm awake

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

3:17am and I'm awake

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Phone rang at 3:17am and this happy strongly southern American voice says "Good Morning Miss LLL this is (and I honestly don't remember the name) from the Vetrans Administration something something something and you're my first call of the day so I hope I'm not catching you too early but I need some documentation to verify........"

At this time I stopped him to ask him to repeat as I was too groggy for it to sink in although my first thought was somebody had died and they were calling me but the voice was too happy to be conveying a death :P

He repeated his name and I confirmed it was me and it was too early to which this very HAPPY (at 3:17am that was holding as very incongruous to me) strongly southern American voice said he realized it was just after 6:15am but he really needed to get the documentation from me so as to process my benefits.

I mumbled "It is 3:15am here where are you?" to which I got a "Oh my Lordy I'm in Pittsburgh and I just know I was calling to Canada but y'all are just NORTH of us, oh my, oh my Lord"

By now I'm wide awake and it is all sinking in that this happy little soldier doesn't have a clue about geography which is actually fairly typical dpwm there so I told him that 'yes' I am in Canada but I'm really NORTH of Seattle Washington which brought on another litany of "Oh my Lord, Oh my goodness, I am so sorry, I must apologize..........."

Anyway - am now wide awake and checking email at 3:42am...........

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: 3:17am and I'm awake

Post by Horus »

Just be careful that you know the call is genuine ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Most definitely I did and given he had the info he had already plus the email he sent requesting my info he was legit and what he wanted wasn't anything that could be used for much of anything anyway :up :up

I did fall back asleep so am now re-awaking now but when the phone rings at 3:17am I really thought it was an emergency and/or somebody had died.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Those kind of calls always cause a panic :(
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Yeah - by the time the adrenaline went down I was wide awake and couldn't go back to sleep. Tired now today. Will be an early night.