HOME SWEET HOME/ FARO

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

HOME SWEET HOME/ FARO

Post by Kiya »

Hi Folks, Jut to let you know we arrived home OK on Tuesday.

I have a mixture of photos for you to see but not just yet.....................3 days into the holiday I caught a bad chest infection & felt really lousy & tired all the time but determined to get out & about.

I went to pharmacist & went through 3 bottles of chesty cough mixture which was hopeless so on arriving home saw Doc here, my airways are really clogged up making me so breathless, coughing fits, etc etc

I have 8 steroid tablets to take altg each morning for a week & a course of antibiotics, hopefully this will sort me out.

I will get back to you all when I feel much better XX

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: HOME SWEET HOME/ FARO

Post by Grandad »

Kiya I am so sorry to hear that. Probably something picked up on the aircraft I expect. Hope you managed to get some enjoyment from your holiday and tell us more when you are feeling better.
Get well soon :up
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Sorry to hear you have been poorly Kiya, hope it didn't spoil your holiday too much. Often it is the air on the aircraft that trigger these sort of chest infections, get yourself better and then think about uploading some photos for us to enjoy :up
FABlux

Post by FABlux »

What a shame Kiya, hopefully you will recover quickly now that you are on the right meds. :hug:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

How disappointing for you Kiya, glad you are under the medical supervision. I hope you will be on top form very soon.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Get well soon.......lots of warm rest and liquids. Am anxious to see your photos but will wait ;) :)
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I'm with the others, Kiya! Can't wait to hear all about it and see the photos but when you feel more up to it! Glad you're home safe and sound. :up
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Where are you, Kiya? Are you any better?
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Hi RS/Folks......................I was back to Doc & had another course of antibiotics, today is the best I've felt in the last 4

weeks, I didn't realise how weakened I was & the loss of 8 lbs, "not complaining on that" if only different circumstance.

Hopefully tomorrow or next I'll get started on photos but, there isn't the same amount of photos that I had for Rome,

there is not so much historical or of interest places around Faro or surrounding areas but hopefully you will enjoy what

I have soon. :)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

12TH JUNE.... We were half an hour late on takeoff leaving Aberdeen behind us but soon made up for it mid flight arriving at Faro on time for 3 pm.

The airport was a nightmare taking one girl checking us all through, saying "us" looked like three or four planes had just landed at the same time, why only one girl we have no idea but two others were standing behind her doing nothing!

Once through we were quick collecting our cases and taking a taxi just opposite the airport seven to eight minutes to reach our apartment.

Our landlords GiGi and her brother Rod were there to meet us and show us around the place and how things worked before handing over keys.

The apartment was very nice, clean and spacious with a big balcony the length of the building, a real sun trap. Fresh coffee, tea bags, milk etc and nik naks was left for us.

They left us emergency numbers just in case of any need, also free internet was a bonus keeping in touch with family back home.

After un packing and a freshen up we went for a walk about just to get a quick feel of the place and found a restaurant for something to eat, there is many many cafes and restaurants around the city.

13TH JUNE.... We were puzzled by this building opposite the apartment, it looked totally different and older with a sloping tiled roof from the surrounding modern apartments/homes. It has a plaque with 1936 date engraved in stone, by the time we left we never did find out what it is.

To be Cont

14TH JUNE
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

Kiya, glad you are finally on the mend! :up Great photos too. Did you just stay in Faro or did you venture to other places?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Kiya - Lovely start to what I can feel is going to be treat of pictures + story :) :)

Like the #2 photo with the name of the Airlines plus scenery below. And that building definitely look different and from 1936 ..... Hmmmm.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks RS :) I do feel a lot better now since second lot of antibiotics.

The apartment is in the heart of Faro close to all amenities such as taxi rank, railway station at foot of the street & bus station minutes away, it only takes five minutes to the beautiful marina/bay, many shops, cafes & restaurants, churches, cathedrals etc.

We did venture to other places outwith Faro you'll see with photos as I get through them....in between watching tennis & world cup. :) :up
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks LL , we must have been writing at the same time, yes that pic would make a good advert for Ryanair ;)

I'll have to do some searching once I'm done with photos & see if I can find more info on that building....watch this space ;)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Great start Kiya and looking forward to more to come, glad you are feeling better :up
I have edited your post to make the first picture visible ;)
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks Horus :) and for fixing first photo not sure what happened there, not to worry more photos tomorrow :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It had one of these missing in front of the word album '[' :up
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I love taking pictures through aircraft windows like you Kiya. Never flown with Ryanair, any good?
I think the building is interesting and in the timeless Spanish style. It might have 1936 on it but equally it could be 18th century. I tried to find it but no luck so far.
Have you got any pictures of the coastline or marina?
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

It does look lovely, my kind of place except for the temperature, I do like it warm.

I've flown with RyanAir once. I took my rollator to the steps of the plane and they folded it and put it in the hold. When I got it back they had obviously been fiddling with it and one wheel was off. In fact the big knurled knob which held the wheel on was missing.

4 visiits to the airport Ryanair desk, many email enquiries online and on the phone later - no one was interested.

Eventually I went to a hardware shop and found a suitable bolt and nut. I've left that rollator in Ibiza and bought new one when I got back. I can go to the plane in a wheelchair next time and then have my old favourite waiting at my daughter's house.
Smile! It confuses people
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Thanks Grandad & MD...............Yes Ryanair was good, the only strange thing I had was that they sent emails stating I

could check-in online anytime before the flight, I ignored these but, then something was niggling at me so checked

emails again - the small print................if I didn't check-in online we would have been charged £50 each at airport :o

never have I ever seen this with any other airline, checking in online was really straight forward & I printed off board

passes for " to and from "

There was no meals but you can buy tea/coffee, sandwiches etc.