I hope............

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

I hope............

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This weekend is Graduation weekend here.

Approximately 1pm my next door neighbour who IS known for large parties had a limo pull into her driveway. Then a few other cars arrived and arrived and young ladies and met in tuxedos and glittery gowns got out and proceeded into her backyard. This I could see from my front window (and I was out watering so I couldn't miss the glam'd up girls arriving)

Unfortunately I also could not miss that most of them were already drinking alcohol and carrying it in hand.

I then looked into the neighbours backyard and see that she has made a backdrop adorned with flowers where they could all and were all getting their photos taken.

I came inside and at some point a few hours later they all departed but I couldn't help but could, at least, 5 tins of beer left thrown on her lawn.

Definitely hope they all don't return after the Ceremony to "party" next door and I also definitely hope the use of alcohol stays to a minimum and/or they've all arranged and organized safe transportation.

Hope my worries are unfounded and I'm not just being a 'grinch' about it all .......

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: I hope............

Post by Grandad »

Doesn't seem to matter where we live LLL, students will not be far away.
We have a house of 5 students, second and third year, right close next door. Happy to say we have very few problems with them year on year. If they are going out to party, they usually meet up with friends next door and then at about 10pm a convoy of taxis takes them to a local night club.
They normally return between 3 and 5 am and, because I have read them the riot act, they do not cause any disturbance.
In September there will be a new intake so I shall be telling them the rules of living in the community which is very different to their first year living on campus. :lol:

These were our neighbours 3 years ago, lovely girls but the house was a bit of a 'honey pot' ;)
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Evening went well and was 100% quiet cause nobody was over there. They all came back for a bit but faded away again probably around 9pm-ish (that was the time I no longer heard anything and from where I sit I have a small tall window that I can see movement on the neighbours back deck).

WHEW! When I saw the great number of them arriving + early day alcohol I was nervous this was going to be a HUGE party all night long but quiet as normal with only the frogs croaking.

@Grandad - if your photo was of your students dressed for Graduation it is interesting their clothes were all one colour, only 1 long dress and nothing shining and shimmering. The style here right now was long to the ground dresses (all of them), lots of gauzy layered material with all sorts of shine and sequins. Almost had to put sunglasses on to look at them! ;) Everybody was totally 100% decked out and beautiful in their very best with makeup to the nines and hair totally coiffed and styled.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

They were just going clubbing LLL.
We probably do things different here though. There is an annual summer ball when the girls dress up a bit and the boys wear dark suits or DJ's but they don't go over the top
:gg: