Photo Editor Question

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Photo Editor Question

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

When I was down in the States I bought a new laptop. My old Toshiba was about 10 yrs old and every time I turn it on the screen was fading out to white with streaks. Initially if I jiggled the top part where the screen is just right I could get the image to reappear but I could only do that for so long.

Anyway I now have an ASUS VivoBook S. Been setting it up and just downloaded a bunch of photos BUT I've lots my old photo editor! And when I've tried to download PICASA it looks like it might not be there anymore :o :o

Any thoughts or ideas on a photo editor?

All this ASUS has is PAINT and PAINT 3D and I never have understood how to use PAINT.

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Re: Photo Editor Question

Post by Grandad »

LLL, officially Google have retired Picasa but I think you can still find downloads. This one looks as if it might be reliable but I haven't tried it.
https://windows10portal.com/download-picasa/
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I LOVE Picasa and finally got one to download. Hope it stays as it is pretty good BUT it doesn't have a re-sizer and I do use that feature often.

I don't like Paint or Paint 3D but now that I've figured out this has a SHOP feature I'm going to explore some of the other Photo Editor programs I can install on here.

I'm not intuitive at all re: cyber anything and it never dawned on me to get the guy to put a photo program onto this laptop. The old one did me well but the screen (about 4 - 5 months ago) would periodically start fading out to white with vertical streaks. It would come back on its own but lately the entire screen was fading out and I had to wiggle the top to get it to come back. I got my photos off onto the External Hard Drive but getting this was real timely as now I can't get the old one on at all. I've also been using the Kindle with the portable keyboard when I couldn't get the laptop to go.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The only time I use Paint is when I have an image, download or from email, in a format that Picasa will not open. Most times I can open it in Paint and then save it as a jpeg file.
I have used Picasa for many years mainly just as my image folder. Most editing I do with Photoshop Elements.
I do use Picasa to resize pictures ready to upload here on E4U.
:gg: