Here there and everywhere

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Here there and everywhere

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Seems there is presently an International scandal happening as some small company here on the Island that has now totally disappeared somehow managed to influence your UK Brexit vote. We've got a local who has gone on to be a Whistleblower.

The Americans are worried the Russians are influencing their voting whilst those of us here were influencing the Brexit vote.

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Here there and everywhere

Post by Horus »

All smoke and mirrors LLL, I was influenced by no one in the way I voted but the ‘Brexit Remoaners’ will cling to anything that gives them some hope of reversing that decision. There is a company called Cambridge Analytica that have been accused of using personal data to target people and influence the way they vote. Personally I don’t see that as being any different to what happens already with everyone from political parties to advertisers of consumables trying to influence the way we vote or purchase goods based upon what they know about us. ;)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Here there and everywhere

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

It is seemingly a HUGE issue here (on the Island) to have the whistleblower (now in the UK) testifying particularly when somebody went to the office only to find the rooms empty! :o :o :o Conspiracy theories abound! :o :o

This issue is Same same to me as all the gyrations in the States that Russia influenced voters when Trump got in. Those claims even go down to the Russians controlling individual ballot boxes (which is crazy!)

Problem is there is so much extreme advertising happening these days we are all being influenced by somebody about something every time we turn on the TV sometimes overtly sometimes covertly but advertising & bona fide knowledge is everywhere!

It amazes me what claims can be made by some groups that are now taken seriously with mega $$ spent trying to either prove or disprove their point.