You really could not make it up!

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

You really could not make it up!

Post by Horus »

You couldn’t make it up, :urm: over 8 months ago I complained to our local council about the state of the footpath especially where it crossed my own drive, it was potholed and badly in need of replacing. After many emails and being told they had no funds to carry out repairs (despite the mega bucks they have off me in council tax) and it was on a ‘to do’ list. Well about 2 months ago I managed to nail a crew doing some other road repairs and gave the chief guy a few chosen words regarding the footpath and the fact that they were repairing less damaged areas than mine. This ended in a result and my part was put down for the next couple of weeks as being urgent, true to form they arrived and did a ‘half decent’ job of tarmacking the path for the width of my drive about 1 month ago. :up Today I received an email from them telling me the job was complete (well I knew that didn’t I?) :st another waste of resources. Anyway as I arrived back from shopping I saw a load of workmen digging a 12” wide trench along all the footpaths so that ‘Virgin’ can install fibre optics in my area, :vs as I said you could not make it up. :x

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: You really could not make it up!

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Sometimes you can only scratch your head and wonder. Doesn't seem anybody talks to each other these days and coordination isn't going to happen. Hopefully though they'll all leave it better than before.

Personally I'd be THRILLED if they were putting down fibre optic wire anywhere here. Apparently our City has voted to keep us all tied to wire despite the two Communication providers saying they'd do it. My download speed at BEST is 21mb/sec.

They now include a link of your Bill that allows you to PING the service to see how FAST they're going. Max I can get is 25. Not too sure WHY they ever included this link cause it doesn't really show you're just speeding along it actually shows the service I am paying mega bucks for is quite SLOW.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: You really could not make it up!

Post by Horus »

The thing is that we already have a fibre optic link about 100 metres away, so the internet speed is quite fast as it only passes through copper wire for about that same distance so very little loss of speed. All this new cable will do is to add choice which I suppose is no bad thing and it means that if I wanted cable TV then I now have a choice of going for 'Virgin' as an alternative to British Telecom.