Bread Scandal

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Bread Scandal

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Just a little while ago and I didn't really pay attention to specifics a huge scandal broke in that many of our major Grocery Stores were found guilty of fixing and manipulating the price of our Bread since 2002. One of them is one of the main stores I shop in and I have bought the bread whose price has apparently been FIXED.

They've admitted guilt, said they're sorry and while they know they're facing (probably) huge class action lawsuits they've offered essentially everybody in the country a $25 VOUCHER for their stores. All you have to do if fill out a form online saying that you're the age of majority and since 2002 you've bought, at least ONE loaf of bread of all the varieties listed (i.e. Country Harvest, Old Mill, Dempsters which does ancient grains type bread). They listed lots more but these were the ones I bought.

Last night I filled out the form to get in about 6 weeks (apologies on bended knee for the time it would take to process the request) my $25 voucher secure in the knowledge that if I join the Class Action Lawsuit taking the $25 would in no way impact it.. blah blah blah.

Tonight I just filled out another form for a voucher for $25 from one of the Main Competitors who are denying any guilt in the matter of price fixing bread but fully explaining (and pointing huge fingers) that since their Competitors have caused that much distress to all of us and since they're full aware of how difficult times are THEY will also now OFFERING a $25 voucher to anybody who has bought this bread and holds one of THEIR cards - which I do so have just applied for this voucher.

I find it somewhat amusing that the main competitors seeing that everybody is now flocking to get their $25 which can only be spent in the guilty stores are now offering everybody their own $25 so as to keep people coming their way but going out of their way to explain how they are INNOCENT and NEVER fixed any bread prices! ;) ;)

https://globalnews.ca/news/3926527/lobl ... ce-fixing/

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Bread Scandal

Post by Horus »

The ones that should be investigated are fuel, electricity, gas, and other monopoly suppliers such as water and sewage charges. :evil:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Re: Bread Scandal

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

IMO there are LOTS of Private and Public Companies that should be investigated. It is a really well known joke here that in every town the price of Gas does not vary by so much as .01 penny between all the different Gas Stations. Nobody sells for $1.36/litre with another Gas Station around the corner selling for $1.42. At best you might get a $1.36 to $1.37 split

FIXING? Probably.

Anyway I'm signing up for the $25 coupons. You're apparently able to donate them too so will see IF the stores are actually sending them out.