Doing the Rounds here

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Doing the Rounds here

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This Clip has been doing the 'rounds here. Found her interesting to listen to ..... good message.

phpBB [video]

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Doing the Rounds here

Post by Horus »

She is a very controversial figure even in the UK and she does vocalise a lot of what many people think, especially regarding unfettered immigration and the kowtowing to minority groups. Having said that she does exaggerate a few things, for example our police are armed, especially in sensitive areas. A lot of what she says is true regarding people becoming more and more fed up with the segregation of our country because of ethnic minority groups importing their own cultures and religion, she is quite correct when she says that they come here and bring all of their conflicts with them. I also agree about so called charities that just seem to exacerbate the situation by landing more immigrants on our shores rather than seeing them returned to their own countries, it is this that has encouraged mass migration rather than the actual conflict.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

A controversial and outspoken woman. Her views constantly put her in trouble with the law for libel and racism. She has appeared in three reality TV shows, no doubt to pay for her failed legal costs.
She does the rounds of TV appearances and has written columns for several UK newspapers and subscribed to an online newspaper. Her views are extreme right wing and as she is now a contributor to the Canadian Rebel Media website, she has probably found like minded bedfellows.
If she could just moderate her views and present a more balanced case, people might listen to her because she does have a 'presence'.
When she stood for parliamentary election she polled fewer than 1% of the vote which would seem to say that she does not convince many people.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm seconding everything that H said and I know nothing of her other than this clip. Interesting how these days you have to ALWAYS be moderate in your views.

Slightly different topic but nobody in this day and age can really express how they feel without being tarred, feathered and labelled as holding some sort of "ISM" i.e. racism, sexism etc.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

LovelyLadyLux wrote:Interesting how these days you have to ALWAYS be moderate in your views.
@LLL In my use of the word 'moderate' I was using it as a verb, to moderate (mɒdəreɪt), not as an adjective, moderate (ˈmɒd(ə)rət).

Katie Hopkins in her speech is picking on instances in British life that are not typical but she chooses to exagerate them to please her audience. I don't know who her audience was but I guess they were far right nationalists. She does not have many friends in the UK although there is a strong nationalist mood here. We have seen the work of hard right groups like the English National Party, and the National Front, and they are generally despised. Katie has now joined a group in Canada who, it would seem, share her views.

So, my use of the word moderate was as a verb, suggesting that a small move away from her distorted far right views could well win her more support.
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Grandad - Ahh gotcha!