Ho Ho Ho

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Ho Ho Ho

Post by Horus »

What I find strange is that parents will out of necessity tell children that Santa is all a myth and a story and yet happily perpetuate the biggest lie of all to their children. :urm:

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Santa Claus is a bit like Christmas Pantomimes to me. All part of a special time for kids, a magical and exciting time. Who can deny the kids their early years of believing?
Panto is just good old traditional seasonal fun with no link to any religious meaning as far as I know. Louis went to see the local Panto on Saturday evening with his mum and dad and absolutely loved it. Peter Pan this year, different stories but same old slapstick formula that works so well..... :up
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Louis went to see the local Panto on Saturday evening with his mum and dad and absolutely loved it.
"Oh no he didn't" :lol: :lol:
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

"Oh yes he did" "It's behind you"

Same old corny stuff but it never fails. :lol:

This is Louis 3 years ago when he was 5 yoa

Then he was a total believer, now at 8 I suspect he is not too sure BUT it is a gradual process and I do not believe that it can be described as 'lying'. And the realisation occurs slowly so it is not like a sudden admission that it was a lie all along. Just don't take it too seriously and let the kids have their fun.

Who said "There is no Father Christmas?"........."Oh yes there is"
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

My eldest daughter still remembers shouting at the baddie in the pantomime. when she was about 7 years old It just happened that there was a lull in the kids shouting exactly at that time and the chap came to the edge of the stage and shouted "AND WHO ASKED YOU" to roars of laughter from the audience = except for one little girl.

She was mortified.
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Saw #2 son, Louis dad, today. Talking about this thread, he said Louis did write a Christmas list but very little on it. They really do have so much through the year. He is now listing more grown up things and no 'toys', New Adidas track suit, Echo Dot, size 4 rugby ball etc. for an eight year old it is all about stuff for his sport and technology. Growing up too quickly?
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

For all I can tell my grandkids are all still believing in Santa and they do love the entire season. They're here this afternoon to decorate my tree for me as I can't do it ;) so for this task they're more than willing and excited to help wish they had the same enthusiasm for vacuuming or weed pulling in the garden - although if asked they are very eager to do any task. They love to help.
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

I shall be watching Santa's progress as usual with the aid of NASA, I love it! :up

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... aniJD8vJK1
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Mrs G went into town this morning and got the last few pressies so, apart from some contributions in the way of food items for Christmas and Boxing days, we are done. :a52:

Very easy this year for, apart from Louis, everyone will get cash in a card. The other Grandkids are all in their twenties and it is impossible to buy things that they would really appreciate. So it is too easy to buy things , more or less, so that they have something to open. We did that up to last year but from this year they get sufficient cash to buy something useful for themselves or even take the partner out to dinner. What they spend the cash on, I don't mind, it is up to them.
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

I do the same now Grandad, even my two grandsons at the ages of 20 & 15 have it all so it is much easier for me to get vouchers for them all & spend it on whatever they like :)

Though I have 5 brothers it is only my eldest David ( my favourite although I shouldn't say so ;) ) & his wife that get presents, its always easy with David because he likes reading as much as I do & on the topic of history............I always get to read later when he's finished.......................crafty or what ;) :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Kiya - How is David doing? Is he going ok since his hospital stint?
Kiya
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Kiya »

Yes he is doing fine LLL :) Thankyou.................he is now waiting for a MRI scan on his heart, hopefully everything will be good :)
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

@Kiya - way cool.