Good program on TV

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Good program on TV

Post by Horus »

I wonder if anyone has caught the start of a 4 part program with the cook Mary Berry? It is on BBC 1 and is called Mary Berry’s Country House Secrets. Last nights program was at HighClere with Lady Carnarvon and it was very interesting. Not a cookery program as such but more of a behind the scenes look at the house and grounds with a bit of cooking thrown in. You got to see some of the places that are not on public display including a fabulous replica of Tut’s gold coffin and even his mummy that is on display in the cellar. Lady Carnarvon comes across as a really nice person and very down to earth, I laughed when she said that she sneaks off for fish and chips every week with one of the female staff a nice old dear who nips down the local chippy to fetch them. Next week she is somewhere in Scotland I think, you can catch up on BBC I-player if you have it. :up

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Good program on TV

Post by Mad Dilys »

I remember watching Mary Berry on an afternoon "Women's" programme while waiting for my overdue daughter to appear, almost 50 years ago. She hasn't changed much, very clever but I can only take her in small doses. She doesn't seem keen on sharing the spotlight.

I was very glad when comparatively recently her long-time assistant who did all the actual cooking trials, was at long last given credit and mentioned in one of the most recent of the 70 odd cookery books she has written. Lucy Young had been with her for over 20 years before she was publicly recognised. I think that grated with me a bit. :urm:
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Thankfully the programs centre around the houses she visits and not her to any degree, :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Unfortunately no, as not being shown here - but - maybe one day.

Most every evening I'm watching Netflix. Mostly news programs all day as kinda background noise (vs radio going) but definitely Netflix in the evening when I'm actually watching ;)