Feeling SO angry

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Feeling SO angry

Post by Grandad »

I get SO p*ssed off when the wealthy and well off have the ability and sharp accountants to find every loophole to 'avoid' paying taxes.
These so called 'Paradise Papers' hacked and released to the press identify many well known personalities and corporations that use off shore accounts to evade tax. Panorama ran an excellent programme last evening exposing just how these schemes work and I was sickened when most ordinary people pay their taxes but others with the ability avoid them.
Cheating scum is what I call them. :xx

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Feeling SO angry

Post by Horus »

I completely agree with you Grandad, I watched both of the programs and they can dress it up all that they want, it is still fiddling your tax. Tax avoidance or Tax Evasion, both are the same in my book, you are either paying your fair share of tax or you are not, there is no middle ground. Just let ‘Joe Average’ try a scam like that and the tax man will be down on you like a ton of bricks, like most retired people I have paid loads of tax in my working life and still get screwed while these thieves continue to get away with it and when you see how blatant these scams are the mind boggles.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

In the past Horus, particularly if my tax code changed mid year, I could end up underpaying on my tax. Even as little as £40 or £50 and I would receive a hasty advice from HMRC that the shortfall would be recovered. OK, I had no problem with that if I had genuinely underpaid, even a small amount.
But when we hear that officials on the Isle of Man went to the airport early morning to sign off a VAT rebate of £3.4 million to Lewis Hamilton on the purchase of his aircraft, that is corrupt and I suspect some backhanders changed hands.
It all stinks of corruption. :xx
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

It certainly does and as someone on the program commented, "every time a school or library or hospital has to close because of lack of money, you know where to look" Never a truer word spoken :x
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

We are heavily as in STAGGERING UNDER THE BURDEN of TAX here. Our Prime Minister who is happily throwing all our $$ away everywhere in the world to the tune of 60 BILLION in the 2 yrs he has been elected is involved in this as are his cronies.

More than sickening. I have to pay my TAX now quarterly so they can get every grubbing penny they DEMAND from me and if I'm late they actually charge interest on what you owe yet these guys can go offshore and literally hide BILLIONS.

I swear all these career Politicians are corrupt to the bone. They're not in politics to help us, they're in politics to gouge us and suck everything away from us that they can.

I have not seen anything official broadcast here yet re: Paradise Papers but intend to watch it IF IF IF they actually do broadcast it here.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

this will give you a flavour LLL ;)
phpBB [video]
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Very VERY Interesting H. Thanks for sharing. All I seen so far are cryptic blurbs on Facebook where I get news feeds. Our Prime Minister Trudeaus name is linked to this (and I can't explain details) as his Finance Minister Morneau who has preached fiscal responsibility etc etc has been linked to this. Again no details other than there is a discovery of two of most wealthy Canadian politicians who are forever devising new taxes here yet are found to have their $$ there.

Please forward any other tidbits you might have. Am more than interested in this.