Harvey Weinstein

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Harvey Weinstein

Post by Grandad »

I am becoming sick of the excessive media coverage that is being given to the Harvey Weinstein story. Invariably in news casts it is the headline topic when there are far more important national and international events that should take preference over the sordid behavior of the predator.

I see it as just another example of, now mature women, throwing dirt for events that may or may not have taken place years ago. At the time most of these women were new to film and the 'Directors Couch' has a long history of being the way to stardom.

I am not defending what he may or may not have done but I feel sure that at the time it was a small price to get a ticket to a big part. And now with successful careers, they can be bold and 'Dish the Dirt' but said nothing at the time.

Right, that's my Saturday rant.........have a nice day.

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Harvey Weinstein

Post by Horus »

There is no excuse for any kind of sexual abuse and no woman should be put in that situation. Having said that there does seem to be a lot of people who now come out of the woodwork to say “me, me”, people joked about this man’s predatory habits long before this, so it does beg the question of why any aspiring actress was not also be aware of his habits, so maybe at the time the odd grope was a price worth paying for stardom. To me the real hypocrites are those big stars such as Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow who both have had hugely successful careers are only now speaking out, they had no need to have kept quiet about any real abuse for so long.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

They could have stuck to 'principals' and refused to go that route. If they had that much faith in their acting abilities, there was nothing to stop them from walking away and waiting for another role to come along which didn't carry a payback!
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I simply doesn't work like that RS. And a young aspiring actor will know the ropes. Failure to comply can mean the end of a career if people like HW black list you.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

No, I disagree, Grandad! We all have to make compromises in life, but what was to stop these women going the traditional route - e.g. repertory, fringe, bit parts etc,? They just wanted to reach the top without the wait. Fair enough, but don't whinge about it when you ARE at the top! I'm sure there are many top stars who refused to compromise themselves, walked away, told the casting director to stick his job where the sun don't shine - and made it to the top anyway.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'm like Grandad in that I'm real tired of HW and the headlines. I'm also getting pretty tired of all the women well 'after the fact' screaming about what happened to them way back when. Seems when it suits them they're more than willing to yap their heads off however were quite able to bite their tongue when it suited their careers to do so. That might be hard but I don't like the multitudes that come out decades later and chime in.

I have no problem with them stating their case if something did happen to them BUT they seem to have to get THEIR story out to the public which IMO quite lessens their credibility. Say what you have to say but do it privately.

What bugs me is that so many of the Hollywood Elite (or so they are called) are always putting their two cents worth out into politics and social media when often it is extremely hypocritical - "Do as I say but not as I do or live my life with my mega millions behind high security patrolled walls" (which I got by way of messing with an HW.)

Just tired of hearing about all of it - don't care if HW is going into rehab, don't care if he groped thousands and/or if now he is going to apologize or or or or ??? ENOUGH of it. Lots more serious and/or scientifically historically socially culturally etc interesting things to hear about in the world.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I think we are singing off the same songsheet LLL :up