Latest Trend

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Latest Trend

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Lots of things come and go. Some stay but most trends pass. Seems body tattooing is presently here to stay particularly in this area.

This now seems to be the latest trend........will it stay or will it go? Do you like it? Would you do it?

Introducing the squiggly eyebrow! (Not for ME)

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]

Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Re: Latest Trend

Post by Mad Dilys »

Ozzie Osbourne's son asked his help in getting a unique tattoo. Ozzie said "If you want to be really unique don't have any!"

You would have thought just looking at his father's mutilated skin would have been a warning anyway, but of course the lad went ahead and got his tattoos.

Ozzie may have wrecked his health and damaged his brain with drug misuse, but I think his advice to his son was pretty profound. :tk
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Many years ago now I was sitting in a club whilst on holiday in the UK, also in there was a very old woman who had tatoos all over her arms, neck and chest. In every other way she appeared normal, but she stood out like a sore thumb and I felt sorry for her, it may have looked OK when she was young, but on her ageing skin it looked gross, it was like seeing someone with a bad disfigurement, I often wonder if these people consider what they will look like in 50 years time. :stp
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

The only tat's I find attractive are those small and discreet ones on a young lady's shoulder, ankle or thigh. A flower or butterfly I find an attractive adornment. But other than that I just don't like them and cannot see the need other than, in men, to give a false macho sense.
Just look at David Beckham, I find it hard to believe that Victoria approved all that?
My son in law started on one arm a few years ago and is already having it over tatooed to try to change it which is only making it worse. His son, my grandson, has a;so started on one arm and spent £1500 so far and a long way to go. He really doesn't need it. Very good looking lad, early twenties, good well paid job and in a permanent relationship. I just don't get it ?
:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

And this is not being racist, but why do so many black sportsmen have them? they look more like dirty skin at first glance and it is only later that you realise it is a tattoo :ni:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

A lot of old women that I have met in Upper Egypt have had facial tattoos. But the men of the same age had none - except those that had been in prison. :urm:
Smile! It confuses people
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Never liked them and never will, a small decorative one as Grandad suggested on a woman is just about OK, I just fail to see the attraction :urm:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I guess I fall into Grandad's category re: tattoos. IF you absolutely MUST have one then it should be very small, dainty, delicate and basically located in a very inconspicuous spot however don't really like them.

I have none and never will however having both arms done and up your neck is quite common here for both men and women.

I don't get the cost - you're on social media complaining about the cost of this that and the other and your inability to afford whatever - yet - you're sporting tattoos all over. Go figure .... Priorities these days.
Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Post by Ruby Slippers »

I HATE tattoos with a passion - on anyone! Fortunately my husband and sons don't have any, but all my brothers had them. One of my younger brothers has them all over his body. A lot of them he has done himself. Earlier this year I had a heartfelt plea from his daughter, who is getting married at the end of this month, on how to hide the tattoos her father had done on her, because her wedding dress has short sleeves. The only solution I could come up with was long lace gloves! My youngest daughter-in-law has a couple too, one on her shoulder and one on her lower back. When she married my son, she wore the most glorious wedding dress I have ever seen, only marred by the shoulder tattoo! :( As has already been mentioned, most of those with tattoos seem to be on benefits, and tattoos aren't cheap, so maybe the money would be better used to better their standard of living? There is only one plus point in tattoos that I can see. To identify people when they are dead! :stp
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

I refrained from saying it but ………. the level of tattooing seems to reflect the level of intelligence in the wearer.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote:I refrained from saying it but ………. the level of tattooing seems to reflect the level of intelligence in the wearer.
As I have said, what possessed David Beckham to cover his body with tat's? I think you answered that question H :lol: :lol:
:gg: