Picasso has nothing on LLL

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: Picasso has nothing on LLL

Post by Horus »

You ladies all have hidden talents :up

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Horus wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:52 am You ladies all have hidden talents :up
I second that H :up Both LLL and RS have shown some excellent works that they have created. :up

How about you mate, any good with a needle and thread? Or are you like me and too heavy handed to even thread a needle? ;) :lol: :lol:
:gg:
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

:) :) Whilst complimentary and I do thank you both you guys have to realize though that RS and I are on very different levels. I'm very much a beginner in the world of quilting and I am not really "quilting" per se. I'm simply machine stitching squares together. There is no beauty or patterns to my stitching. What you're getting is just a buzz of colour in random colourfulness.

RS on the other hand is at quite a high skill level of the quality of work that she is producing. Her quilts have actual quilting on them ;) ;) in very lovely patterns that compliment the quilt. I'm merely sewing in a straight line ;) :)
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

Yes but you are still very good as for me sewing Grandad, all I can say is that I struggle to sew up Annie's toys
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

This was my latest endeavor when I went to the Metis Women's beading session. Am realizing I can't SEE seed beads. Was still a fun afternoon and the goal was to make 2 earrings - one tapered (apparently I can't count well enough to make the tapers longer) and another earring going straight across.

I did figure out from the last session that I can see dark coloured beads easier than I can see light coloured and clear beads hence the dark green and black.
DSC_1409.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

Not my style LLL, I prefer studs or hoops :lol: :lol: :lol:
I do however well understand the problems you quote of small beads and colour definition......sounds like you are joining my club ;) ;)
:gg:
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

And mine - I have cheap magnifying specs all over the house in different strengths +1.5 to + 4.00 on the advice of my eye surgeon. Even got some very elegant sunglasses in different strengths too - macular degeneration doesn't like strong light. All from Amazon of course and very strong in the hinges.
Smile! It confuses people
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

PS I wear the magnifying lenses over my normal glasses because they have prisms in, otherwise my eyes act independently - yes I know it's weird.
Smile! It confuses people
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

When you go for the afternoon the ladies running the event have already pre-bagged the beads and so just go around the table and hand them out. My first beading I got clear and light pink and heavens alive I could NOT see those beads at all. This time I explained I had to have dark coloured beads and no problem getting them (just had to ask).

I did find the long tube beads aka bugle beads easier to work with as slightly larger and easier to actually hold onto.

Because of the strong First Nations or Aboriginal or Indigenous (it is hard to stay PC when the terms keep changing) influence bead earrings/necklaces/bracelets are everywhere. Some are super intricate and complex and must take hours to make. All are beautiful.
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

The oldest daughter has wanted a WHITE quilt. I've tried to explain to her that I can't really make a white quilt - I could but am not going to make a solid white quilt so she finally was ok that I make her one all in shades of grey. Finding fabric in all shades of grey and not looking like a wrung out dishrag became the next challenge.

Finally found a bunch of pre-cut fabric all in patterns of light white & grey. Sewed them together yesterday in as simple a pattern as I could thing of for her but it is (to me) very bland and I'm not overly thrilled with the fabric patterns either.

AND since it has taken me a long time to even get this far with making this she has since gotten rid of her twin bed and now has a Queen size so this won't even fit the bed and will be relegated to just a spare blanket soooooo I've lost further interest in really putting lots of effort into it but will finish it and get it to her.

This was my effort yesterday and is only the quilt top (not yet layered together)
DSC_1431.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.