Me and a Rant

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Me and a Rant

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

I'd rather call this a rant than just complaining but ...... briefly over the past 2 years I've had a pain in my right side that just kept getting worse and really wore me down. After the first year I finally went to the Doctor who ordered an ultrasound which I waited a couple to three months to get. Within 1 hour of coming home after the scan I get a phone call and a 'diagnoses of benign tumor on your liver' with no other tests or anything........AND, of course, my Doctor just accepted it as fact too. As I recall he told me to 'walk' as that would shrink a tumor and to take 2 fish oil pills every day.

I really didn't do too much about it other than follow directions as that is about all one can do here in Canada.

Today I went to see my family Doctor as part of the follow up to surgery got a bland "oh well you're OK now" response to my accusations that I never DID have a tumor on my liver and none of this was right.

So have been mulling over what I'm going to do and then I see this on the CHEK NEWS site this evening:

You'll probably have to cut and paste to open it:

http://www.cheknews.ca/island-health-re ... rs-301699/

However basically our "Island Health reviewing work of locum radiologist for errors | CHEK
www.cheknews.ca
Review of 500 scans could expand to 20,000. Island Health says the review will begin at Campbell River and District General Hospital where 500 CT Scans and x-rays will have to be re-checked. The health authority is reviewing diagnostic imaging reports from a radiologist who worked as a locum for Island Health at various times …"

I've contacted CHEK via email because this definitely sounds like me and they are asking people to come forward.

It is always interesting what pain can do to you and how it can drag you down 'til you stop doing most everything AND I'm also finding it interesting how good I'm starting to feel again which is really giving me some energy to really take this on as a personal special project!!! :) :) :)

BUT bloody H*ll that they had a Locum doing this for so long and affecting so many people!! GEEZ!!!! The state of our medical here is terrible yet our Political Leader is giving away BILLIONS to others.....crazy making. Totally and completely crazy making.

Ruby Slippers
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P

Re: Me and a Rant

Post by Ruby Slippers »

LLL, go for it! Far too many people just accept what a doctor tells them and end up either dead or with major surgery to right matters, which then leaves them either disfigured, disabled or dead! Medical staff need to be accountable in some way. Trouble is, too many just sit back and take it. So you get your crusading banner out and shout loud and long! :up
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Now that this "News" has broke there are literally hundreds of women coming forward. There are women too who have had cancer misdiagnosed who are now in end stage cancer and hundreds more who have had their scans read and been told they're OK but have no idea IF that is true or not. AND this particular Doctor operated over 3 or 4 Cities for the past 4 to 5 yrs.

I was told I had a "benign tumor" on my liver! The pain kept up and slowly intensified over the year and I was a babbling idiot in ER that day insisting the "tumor on my liver" ruptured. The Surgeons point blank said the diagnoses made no sense but I kept insisting that is what my family Doctor told me.

Am definitely sure my story will be heard amongst lots, literally hundreds of others.
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Post by Horus »

You should all put in a group class action claim against the authority that employed him/her :tk
LovelyLadyLux
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God
Canada

Post by LovelyLadyLux »

Easier said that done here. Very few personal injury attorneys in the first place and you're essentially suing the gov't. IF this was the USA - well OMG - the lawyers would be lining up but here all attorney's essentially want PAID first by their clients before they'll go to court. They often make their fee by bilking the clients for on-going litigation. Lawyers here will often carry on a case forever because they claim payment from the person they've been hired by and then once that person pulls the plug as they can't afford them the lawyers essentially collapse the case.