BACK TO WORK

Anything that does not fit elsewhere can be discussed here.

Moderators: DJKeefy, 4u Network

Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

BACK TO WORK

Post by Grandad »

Apart from retail, the UK has been virtuaaly closed down since around 23 December and will get back to work tomorrow, 3rd January. I remember when I was working in manufacturing, the Christmas shut down was usually 10 or 11 days. Is that really necessary?
I used to find that between Christmas and New Year was a dead period and I would have preferred to get back to the work routine and the stimulus that that brought.
It is very different in other countries that celebrate Christmas, including European, where the Christmas break is just a day or two and New Year is just one day.
Are we a lazy nation?

:gg:
Horus
Egypt4u God
Egypt4u God

Re: BACK TO WORK

Post by Horus »

Work in order to live and not live in order to work is my motto Grandad and having done more than my fair share I can't say I am really bothered ;)
Mad Dilys
Royal V.I.P
Royal V.I.P
United Kingdom

Post by Mad Dilys »

Me and my family were all employed in jobs which required us to work over bank holidays so we took time off when there were no crowds. No problem.
Smile! It confuses people
Grandad
Egyptian Pharaoh
Egyptian Pharaoh

Post by Grandad »

I never 'lived to work' but as work is such a big part of our lives I think it should bring some enjoyment and satisfaction. I always enjoyed my work and the challenges that it brought.
The Christmas break always seemed excessive and unnecessary. At the cost of just 3 or 4 annual holiday days we could have a break of up to 11 days.
Just my opinion but I would rather use those days at a time of year when they are likely to be more useful.
:gg: